• ten •

"are you really sure you wanna do this?" jun asked as the two stood outside a tattoo parlor. minghao nodded with a determined look on his face. jun shook his head and sighed, sure he was decorated in tattoos here and there but he was a demon.

"absolutely, completely sure-"

"yes! let's go!" minghao said as he grabbed jun's hand and pulled him into the tattoo parlor.

minghao ended up shirtless as he laid on his side and the tattoo artist worked on the area below his peck and on his rib cage. jun sat beside him and loosely held his hand, minghao didn't really seem bothered by it. in reality he wanted to cry but he had gotten good on not showing pain on his face.

"feeling alright?" jun asked and minghao bit down on his lip and nodded.

jun peeked over as he watched the tattoo artist trace the gentle floral on his ribcage and grinned, the art was gorgeous. it featured asters, camellias, carnations, gardenias, heliotropes, and yarrow which jun just assumed were minghao's favorite but all of the flowers shared one thing in common. they all stood for love. it was minghao's hopeless way of remembering this love before he left.

"it's not t-too bad," minghao said back and jun grinned as he stroked his thumb over the top of jun's hand.

jun watched the artist work while minghao laid there with is eyes closed and his hand tightly holding jun's. it wasn't until nearly four hours later that the tattoo would finally be finished. minghao was tired and hungry but once the artist held up the mirror to reveal the final product his tiredness and hunger disappeared. a huge smile appeared on his face as he looked to the artist.

"thank you so much! i love it!" minghao chimed and the artist smiled.

"anything else i can do for you?" he asked and jun bit down on his lip and nodded.

"can you give me one that matches his? right here," jun asked as he pulled his sleeve up and pointed to an empty spot on his inner arm. minghao's face lit up even brighter than before as he grabbed jun's arm causing them to make eye contact.

"really?" minghao asked and jun nodded.

"sounds good to me, let me wrap his up then we'll work on yours."

hours later as it fell into the later night minghao was asleep on the waiting room couch while the artist and jun were alone. the buzz of the tattoo gun was the only thing that could be heard in the room, until the artist broke the silence.

"it's really sweet that you're getting matching tattoos with him," the artist said as he shaded the final section and jun nodded.

"yeah, it's sort of something for us to remember each other when we're apart." jun said and the artist cooed.

"that's so romantic," he said and jun sighed. it was romantic but incredibly bittersweet.

"i miss him easily so like this we'll never be apart," jun said and the artist only cooed more. there was faint shuffling when minghao stepped into the room and jun smiled. the boy rubbed his eyes and grinned upon seeing jun look at him.

"we're almost done," jun said to the boy as he sat down and minghao nodded.

"then we can go home?" minghao asked and jun grinned and stroked his hair gently.

"mhm,"

ten days, two hours, six seconds.

the next morning minghao woke up shirtless and alone. he rubbed his eyes as he sat up in bed and glanced down at his chest. he grinned as he remembered that jun had gotten a matching one. something to remember him by. the door opened and jun stepped in with a plate in his hand and lemon walking by his feet.

"morning bub," jun chimed and minghao smiled.

"how's your chest?" jun asked as he sat down on the bed beside him and handed him the plate of breakfast. minghao smiled and took the plate.

"it feels fine.. how's your arm?" minghao asked before taking a scoop of food into his mouth.

"same,"

"i can't believe you got a matching one," minghao sighed and jun smiled as he swooped minghao's hair behind his ear to keep it out of his eyes.

"of course i did, i had been debating it but the flowers are really pretty.. it makes me feel like i've always got a piece of you with me." jun said sweetly and minghao felt tears well up in his eyes.

"don't cry baby, it's okay." jun soothed as he gently wiped at the corners of minghao's eyes. minghao caught his hand and pressed it to his cheek and enjoyed the warmth.

"do you know what the flowers mean?" minghao asked and jun shook his head.

"they all mean love." minghao said and jun's heart thumped hard in his chest.

"when i'm gone you can have it to remember me and how i love you-"

"don't talk like that," jun shushed as he pressed his lips to minghao's. he couldn't stand all of this sad talk the two had been having often. jun just wanted to be with him and be happy.

"i love you," minghao said softly and jun smiled.

"i love you too," jun replied before pressing another kiss to his lips.

"let's just stay home today, hm?" minghao asked and jun nodded.

"gladly," jun said softly and minghao grinned.

and so that's what they did. they stayed home and cuddled on the couch eating snacks and watching movies. they made a cake, which thankfully didn't summon another demon, and it was delicious. minghao watched as jun played with lemon and he took photos to set as his home and lock screen. jun helped rewrap minghao's tattoo then minghao attempted to do the same for him even though jun ended up rewrapping it himself. it was these domestic moments that they craved to hold onto forever. they just wished to be together.

nine days, sixteen hours, one second.

• author's notes •

double update today just for you guys <33 mwah

also ik i squeezed two days into one chapter so im sorry if you thought this chapter was a bit rushed i hope you enjoyed nonetheless ..

thank you for reading!

-lilly