• four •

overnight minghao's face managed to swell causing him to look lopsided. jun had been trying not to laugh at him but it was so difficult when minghao looked so dumb. along with the swelling on minghao's face the bruises on his arms had become more apparent and were aching. to his luck jun hadn't noticed those yet, if the demon saw them he'd throw a fit again.

"do you want me to put some more stuff on your face?" jun asked as he adverted his eyes from minghao's face. if he looked at him for too long he'd end up laughing and minghao would hit him or take his cigarettes away.

"is' not twoo bad," minghao responded and his speech was slightly slurred from his lip being swollen. jun let out a loud "pfft!" before breaking out into laughter, instead of being annoyed minghao just grinned slightly.

"don' laugh at mwe! it hurs!" minghao said jokingly and jun only laughed harder.

"my stomach hurts! stop talking!" jun said as he clutched his stomach and kept laughing and minghao just smiled. maybe the demon wasn't too bad after all.

but of course he quickly took that statement back when minghao was getting ready for work that night. he had customers to drink with and not enough money for rent and so he had to go to work for the night. minghao's swelling had gone down enough for it to not be noticeable unless you really looked and he had color corrected the bruises on his face.

"i'm not letting you go!" jun exclaimed as he stood in front of the door and minghao let out a groan. he didn't have time for this.

"too bad! i have to go!" minghao yelled back and a scowl appeared on jun's face. minghao, unfazed, glared at him back.

"no! no fucking way!" jun said as he glared and minghao rolled his eyes and reached for the door.

"stop being a brat-"

jun quickly pushed minghao against the wall with one arm beside his head and the other holding minghao's wrist. jun gave minghao the spine chilling glare once again to which minghao's eyes weakened. jun realized how quickly he had moved along with how he must've scared the mortal and he dropped his head. it landed on minghao's shoulder and minghao just looked to him.

"i'm being a brat? why wont you fucking listen to me for once? you just got hurt.. just please.. stay home." jun pleaded as he loosened his grasp. minghao let out a sigh, he hadn't heard jun's voice like that ever before. it didn't even soften like that from the night before when jun tried to treat minghao's lip.

"i can't. rent's due, i'm short a hundred dollars. i have to work." minghao confessed jun took a step back completely releasing minghao.

"but i'm a demon, make a deal with me!" jun said and minghao felt like his hearth had been thrown into the trash. there it was again, jun didn't care for him he just cared for his soul. minghao felt his blood begin to boil.

"jesus fucking christ you asshole! for a second i thought you might care for me for a split second but every time it returns to the soul thing! if you want it so bad then take it! stop tormenting me this way!" minghao yelled and pushed jun even further from him and walked out of the apartment slamming the door behind him.

"n-no.. fuck.. what's wrong with m-me?"

minghao walked in through the familiar employees only entrance and his head ached. he took off his jacket then repowdered his face before walking out to his table. minghao waved to wonwoo, who was behind the bar, and grinned to mingyu, who was standing guard by the door. the two had told minghao to stay home but once minghao confessed about his rent they allowed him to come in on the exception that they would be keeping an extra close eye on him.

"hao! how are you love?" a familiar man greeted and minghao grinned.

"ah! mr.kim! how are you? please, have a seat." minghao chimed and mr.kim sat down beside minghao leaving barely any room between the two. mingyu didn't move his eyes from him while wonwoo made drinks.

"i'm okay but my day is far better now that i'm with my hao," the man said and he placed his head on minghao's shoulder. that sort of touching was permitted within the bar but anything further was not.

"you're too kind to me mr.kim," minghao replied and mr.kim shook his head.

"oh hao, quite the contrary. you always make my nights with you wonderful," he complimented and his hand began to trail towards minghao's thigh. minghao kept his cool.

"sir you make them seem so wonderful! we only talk and drink," minghao nervously chuckled and mr.kim's hand gripped his thigh. mingyu glared as he began to walk closer.

"why yes but maybe some time we could go a bit further than-"

"hands off." mingyu interrupted and mr.kim lifted his hands up and away along with taking his head off of his shoulder. minghao just chuckled and straightened his posture.

"they're really on guard tonight, hm?" mr.kim asked with a slight annoyed tone and minghao nervously grinned. nearly all of the workers had their eyes on minghao, they wouldn't let anything slide.

"yes, we had an incident the other night where a boy got hurt," minghao explained, him being the boy but keeping details sparce, and mr.kim's eyes softened and his tone let up.

"oh how horrendous! is he alright?" he asked and minghao nodded.

"i believe so," minghao answered and mr.kim let out a relieved sigh. mr.kim got handsy sometimes but minghao didn't think of him as a bad person.

"what a relief, i'm glad my hao wasn't hurt." mr.kim said softly and minghao smiled.

"here are some drinks.. also there's someone here for you hao. they don't look like a customer but they insisted on seeing you.." wonwoo said as he slid two glasses onto the table and minghao frowned.

"please excuse me mr.kim, i'll be right back." minghao said and mr.kim nodded as he excused minghao then began to down his drink. minghao followed wonwoo as he took him to the mystery person. they approached a table that was empty as no one worked it and minghao clenched his jaw as he saw jun sitting there drinking a martini. wonwoo walked away and left the

"why the fuck are you here? how did you find this place?"

"i was worried okay? i couldn't let you just walk out like that!"

• author's notes •

hii thank you for reading i hope you enjoyed <33 quite a few people requested a summoned update for today so here you are !! i'm not sure if i like this chapter or not i feel kinda bleh about it but i hope you liked it

-lilly