Promises

When I woke the next morning dad said Glenn and Daryl had went on a run. Just into the neighboring town they wouldn't be gone long. After eating I got Hunter dressed. Taking her with me to look around a bit.

We got stopped by just about every older person we came across. All wanting to cuddle Hunter. It was kind of late in the afternoon when we started back towards the house. I was starting to get a little worried that I hadn't seen Daryl or Glenn come back yet.

Daryl's POV

I quietly snuck away not wanting to wake Emma. It was still pretty early but there was something I needed to do. Glenn was thankfully awake sitting on the porch with Maggie.

"Morning Daryl." They both said as I came out.

"Morning.....um can I talk to you?" I asked nervous as hell.

"What's wrong Daryl?" Maggie asked.

"Nothing I just.....well see the thing is...I wanted to see if you wanted to go on a run."

"A run?" Glenn asked looking kinda confused.

"Shit.....Look I wana ask Emma to marry me. I need help finding a ring she'll like. I thought maybe Maggie you could help."

"Oh my god Daryl that's amazing." Maggie said throwing her arms around me.

"That's great man." Glenn said patting my back.

"Well don't get to excited. I ain't asked her yet. Ahe might say no."

They both laughed. "Ya sure she will."

We took off shortly after. I asked Rick not to tell her what we were doing. Just to say we went on a short run.

When we got back Maggie was helping me work out what I wanted to say.

Emma's POV

When Hunter and I got back to the house Daryl, Maggie and Glenn were sitting at the kitchen table talking. All three shutting up when I walked in.

"Am I interrupting something?" I asked.

"No.....It's nothing." Daryl jumped up shoving something in his pocket.

"We'll see you guys a little later." Glenn said. Him and Maggie getting up heading towards the door.

Mags gave Hunter a kiss and me a quick hug looking like she was about to cry.

"What's with them?" I asked as they walked out.

"Who knows their weird." He said grabbing Hunter. "Daddy missed you princess. What were you two doing?"

"Just walking around checking things out. How did the run go?"

"It was good, everything...um You know we got everything we needed to."

"You sure everythings ok? You seem a little on edge."

"I'm fine just missed my girls." He said kissing my forehead. Taking Hunter to play in the livingroom.

I watched as he sat in the floor playing with Hunter. A smile plastered to my face as I watched them. He really is perfect for us. After awhile I went into the kitchen to make some lunch.

"Daryl, you and Hunter come eat I have lunch." I called from the kitchen.

Not getting a response I peaked into the living room Daryl and Hunter both gone. As I started to walk into the living room. Hunter came babbaling through in the walker Jessie had given us for the girls.

"Hey silly girl, where did daddy go huh?" As I bent down to pick her up. I noticed something on her binki clip.

Unclipping it I see a beautiful lilac diamond ring. That's when I noticed the tiny folded up note clipped to her onsie.

I chuckled. "What is this baby?" I cooed at her as she squealed.

Opening the note it read. "Mama will you marry daddy?"

I instantly started crying as Daryl came walking in an unsure look on his face.

"So what ye think?" He asked chewying at his nails.

"Come here Dixon."

He came over wrapping his arms around both of us.

I reached up lightly pecking his lips. "I love you......of course I'll marry you."

He smiled then pressed his lips hard against mine. Both of us lost on the moment. Till Hunter grabbed his chin.
He chuckled reaching for her.

"Mama said yes baby." He smiled at her.

"Da-da." She squealed. Causing us both to laugh.

He wrapped his other arm back around me. "I love you Emma. Thank you."

I smiled. "What are you thanking me for?"

"For letting me be apart of you and Hunter. For letting me have our little family."

"Thank you for wanting us. For taking care of us. We both love you very much."

"Don't cry baby. I'm never gona leave your side."

I looked outside noticing our family standing in front of the house.

"Come on." He said leading me out the door.

We stood on the porch a minute before Maggie spoke.

"Well?" She asked.

"She said yes." He smiled at me.

We were surrounded by excited yells.

"I'm so happy for you." Maggie hugged me crying.

"Stop Mags your gona make me cry again."

Dad was the last to come on the porch.

"Look at you little girl all grown up."

Daryl and the others walked into the house giving us a moment.

Dad pulled me into a tight hug. "I remember the day you were born. So tiny and a set of lungs on you." We both chuckled.

"Always knew I'd have to give you away someday,don't make it any easier though."

"I'll always be here daddy."

"I know baby. I'm so proud of you Emma. Your so strong, such a good mom. Your gona be an amazing wife. Daryl's lucky to have you."

I looked in the window catching Daryl's eye. "We're lucky to have him."

"Yes you are baby....congratulations."

"Thank you daddy."

"Your always gona be my little girl Em. Always."

We walked inside joining the others.

"Everything good?" Daryl asked kissing my forehead.

"Everythings perfect...I love you."

"I love you Em. Always will."