Now what?

"Ye wana talk about it?" Daryl asked.

"Naw but thanks for the offer."

"Mmhm."

I chuckled.

"What am I funny?"

"Sometimes you grunt or Mmhm instead of answer. It's just funny. Not in a bad way or anything."

"Oh, I guess I just really don't like talking to people much."

"You talk to me."

"Yeah I guess you annoy me a little less than most."

I laughed. "Give it time I'll annoy the shit outta you."

"Yeah I can see that."

"Hey!" I said throwing a pillow at him.

"Thanks I needed that."

I chuckled and he even smiled a little.

I settled into the cot Daryl took the couch.

"Nite Daryl."

"Nite half pint."

The next morning breakfast was a little awkward. I avoided Shane and Andrea.
Jenner showed us a video about what happens when you become infected.

"I'm sorry but what exactly is that clock counting down?" I asked.

"The basement generators they run outta fuel."

"Then what?" I asked he said nothing.

"Vi what happens when the fuel runs out?" I said.

"Facility wide decontamination will occur."

"Shit, that's not good."

Dad,Shane,T-dog,and Glenn went to check the basement.

Once we were all gathered into the main room. Jenner locked us in causing a panic.

"What happens in 28minutes?" I asked.

"There's very nasty diseases here that can't ever get out. H.I.T's will be deployed to keep any viruses from getting out. Jenner answered."

"Oh god no." I said. Looking to dad and Shane who also knew what that meant.

"Wait what does that mean?" Lori asked.

He asked VI to explain. When she was done I said threw tears. "It sets the air on fire."

Everyone looked from me to Jenner for confirmation. He bowed his head and everyone was either crying or trying to break out. Shane and Daryl using axes on the doors.

"Those doors are designed to with stand rocket launcher." Jenner said.

"Ya well your head ain't." Daryl said as he raised the axe going after Jenner.

Dad,T-dog and Dale tried to hold him back.

Shane brings over a gun putting it in "Jenner's face let us out or die."

"Shane calm down you kill him we ain't never getting out." Dad yelled.

He proceeded to shot up the computer monitors in the room. Dad knocked him on his ass and took the gun.

"We just want a chance." I said. "Let us go as long as we can.

Jenner and I stared at each other a moment.

"Topsides locked down I can't open those." He said opening the lower doors.

Jacqui decided to stay behind. Andrea to Dale stayed trying to convince her to go.