Chapter 20

Jane's p.o.v.
After the proposal Caine and I left the party early to 'celebrate' . Wink wink .

It was now two days later and I'm going to tell Caine tonight. Its Friday and he wants to do something special. I shooed him off to work early this morning so i could go to the arts and crafts store and get those little plastic babies. Im going to bake one cupcake with a baby doll inside and leave it out for him when he gets home. Ive decided to just decorate them like regular cupcakes. I also ran to the mall and picked up some little baby booties and onesies to wrap up and surprise him with. I also grabbed a book 'what to expect, when your expecting' .

I scheduled an appointment today with an OBGYN. I didn't want to with the pack doctor because i didn't want word getting out.

So i baked the cupcakes and set aside the one with the doll. I left them out to cool and went for my appointment. I grabbed the keys to the jeep aka my jeep aka betsy . Thats what i named her. And left the driveway hoping no one would see me leave and let Caine know. But i spoke to soon, just as i passed the pack house Caine called me.

"Where you speedin' off to sweetheart?"
Crap, crap, crap. Uh...
" to go meet up with my dad! I miss him so i texted him and asked to meet up for coffee! Besides i miss Carson too so its like a little reunion." I nervous laughed at the end hoping he wouldn't notice. I felt awful lying to him.

"Oh ok" there was a long pause. " are you sure you feel well enough to go out? I mean with the whole puke thing?"

"Yeah!" I lied. " i feel fine i haven't puked since the ceremoney! " another lie. Ive been puking all the time and its awful.

"Well ok peaches, just make sure you aren't out to long, be ready for 7:30 tonight, I'm taking you out "
"Ok honey i love you gotta go bye!!" Click. I hated being so shady to him, he tells me everything.

It was only 3:30 i would have plenty of time for everything today. I safely made it to the appointment And checked in. 15 minutes went by and finally i was called back. I followed the short stalky nurse back to my room where she told me to undress and put on those horrid baby blue light coverups. But i did as i was told. She asked me a few questions and i answered as truthfully as i could. Human and werewolf pregnancies run the same way. Everything is exactly the same.

" how far along are you? " she asked clicking her pen, Getting ready to take my answers down.
"Oh.. Uhm... Im not really sure actually.." I replied sheepishly my cheeks turning pink.
" have you had any symptoms? Any vomiting , low fevers , cramping, spotting?"
"Yes, I've been sick like crazy the past couple days , and a very low fever , is that typical for early stages of pregnancy?" I asked worriedly, I've never heard of that before.
She mumbled scribbled down something on her notepad and looked up at me.
" its not a symptom we see often, it could just be the body adapting to the new hormones, or something might be wrong, but don't worry its common in young girls such as yourself, i see your only 17?"

"But my baby will be alright though, right? Its going to be ok?" I asked her a little teary eyed.
"Everything's going to be fine miss, i can assure you we will make everything easy going and comfortable for you and your child as we can. " she replied with a stiff smile, making me uneasy.

" oh and yes nurse I'm only 17. I'll be 18 this December 15th."
"On to the next question, was this child planned?"
Huh, no our precious little bundle wasn't planned, but i wouldn't change a damn thing if my life depended on it.

" no, it wasn't planned, but I'm excited and i know he will be too! My boyfrie- fiancé i mean always wanted a family. We just so happened to stumble on a miracle with this one" i said truthfully with a smile on my face.