chapter 23

Two weeks have gone by in a flash. Coal was setting up the proposal back at home, and he asked me to keep everyone busy.  so i asked everyone to pile into the SUV and we were all going to go shopping and maybe hit up some paint ball on the way back. Coal asked me to keep them out until he texted me. and by them, I meant the group.  

Coal and I have been planning this for a week and a half. Coal tried to by himself, but he couldn't come up with anything that would "woo" her as he put it. we kept it simple. we decided we would decorate the whole backyard once again with twinkling lights. there was just something about lights at this house. every time a special occasion rose up, here come the twinkling lights.  But they were so romantic. they really gave it that special glow and pulled everything together.  

While Coal printed out pictures in the game room, and untangling lights, and plucked rose petals, i gathered the gang and told them we were leaving on a group adventure. of couse Emily out up a fihg that she didnt want to go if Coal wasnt going, so Coal came downstairs in pajamas and a thermometer in his ear saying he was 'sick' and she 'should go without me' .

Which only made her want to stay even more and take care of him.

" Oh come on Coal, let me stay home and take car of you. please?"  she begged him,

But he just looked at her and shook his head and walked upstairs.

She sank her head in defeat but left the house with the rest of us. Now is been 4 hours since we've been gone and everyone was geting antsy to get back home.  unlike my proposal no one knew about this, just me and Coal.

So when i got the text

Ok its all set up and done bring them home.'' i played the Guys is it ok if we head home now? I'm starting to not feel well either, I dont wanna get sick out in public" card 

I don't think i have seen them get into the car so fast in my life. it was actually pretty, we still had a half hour till we were home, but it was a quite ride. everyone either fell asleep or stared out the windows.

When we got home Coal was waiting just inside the house with a bouquet of roses. Emily was the last one in house and when she got inside she just smiled.

"awh guys look how sweet he is! even though he doesn't feel good" Em smiled out as she kissed his cheek. "

"Actually Em i feel fine, but follow me, you guys can come too"

" w- w- what d you mean you feel fine? whats going on?"

" you'll see prnicess just follow me"  Coal turned around and grabbed Emily's other hand that wasn't holding the flowers and lead her out to the back patio.We all followed right behind them. everyon elooked at me confused as i dug out my phone and started recording as we walked out into the back yard.  

The twinkling lights were hung in a circular pattern over the top of us and strings were tied to them hanging pictures of Coal and Emily all over the place.

Rose petals littered the ground and lead a path to the center of the lights and pictures. And right in the middle hanging from a single string was the ring.

" Hey Em, come here, I need you to untie this for me."

With tears in her eyes she followed Coal and the petals to the center and untied her ring. She stared down at it in awe as she cried.

Coal gently took the ring from her and held it in his hands.

"Emily Nicole Harper, I have loved you from the very moment I laid eyes on you. I told myself when I met you, that you would be not only my first love, but my only love. When I found out that we were mates two years after that well, my life couldnt have been any more complete. So Emily here we are 5 years later, surrounded by not only close friends, but family, so do me the honor of marrying me?"