Chapter 4: Well that was unexpected

Janes P.OV.

Trees. All I see are trees.

Hey look over there; a tree, and over there another god damn tree. Great, I huff. I'm standing in the middle of a fricking forest.

Where am I? I ask myself this a lot lately don't I?

"Come here child," is all I hear, breaking me out of my wandering thoughts.

"Who said that?" I whisper.

"Follow my voice child, for you should not fear me but embrace me" the sweet sing song voice chants to me. I assume it is a woman's voice. It's like her words wrap around my body and caress me, tugging me towards the source of the enchanting voice.

My body willingly glides me over this green forest floor. At least I think its the forests' floor?

"Where are you?" I squeak back.

"Over here child."

I walk through the final lining of trees and I come to find that I am standing in a small clearing with a bed of pink and purple flowers, while in the near distance I can hear a stream, and to my right there is a rather large cave with a dark and inviting entrance.

Within it there is a soft pulsing light coming from the center of it.

'Go towards the light' my conscience tells me. Hehe towards the light. I'm not dead, am I?

"No child you are not dead, follow her, your conscience is right, towards the light, you know you can feel the soft pull."

She's right, I can feel the pull.

I slowly make my way over to the opening of the cave and every step closer I take to the entrance the light inside gets bigger and brighter.

Soon it is so bright I have to cover my eyes as the light illuminates the entire cave.

I look at the the walls and see that they are covered in paintings of wolves. What do large dogs have to do with anything?

" Dear child look at the light."

I do as I'm told and as the light starts to fade away I can just make out a glimpse of a giant white wolf, with pure white snow-like fur that looks so soft that I want to run my hands through it. But I hold back.

The wolf takes a step towards me, I take a step back.

"Do not be frightened child I do not bite...hard" as I hear a soft giggle run through my mind.

Woah where did that come from?

"So you can hear me in your head. Interesting." The soft voice says.