Chapter 5

Caine's P.O.V.

Why is it taking her so long to wake up, she’s almost been out for four days I wonder if she’s okay.

Should I go check on her?

No don’t be ridiculous she’ll be fine, she doesn’t need me, and she doesn’t even know my name except Mr. Kidnapper.

“Stop telling yourself that, of course she needs us.” My wolf tells me.

“Why do you always have to chime in on my thoughts? Can I ever have a peaceful day?” I reply back.

“Of course you can’t, I’m part of you just as you are part of me. We are one and she is our other half she completes us.”

“She doesn’t complete us, she is human.”

“DO NOT CALL HER HUMAN SHE IS NOT HUMAN!” He growls at me.

“Then what is she if she isn’t human?”

“Special she’s special.”

“Yeah special ed... How can you seriously fall out of bed and crack your head open?”

He growls at that.

“Why did you panic when you saw her blood? You see blood all the time when we sink our teeth into other wolves, you taste their blood and tear their flesh yet suddenly her blood and her torn flesh is something to be terrified of?”

“I...I...no... It isn’t something I should be terrified of, but she’s so fragile looking, she’s like a glass doll.”

“We both know she is not fragile, she knocked us out with a frying pan. A full grown werewolf with, I repeat a tiny fricking frying pan. Even now yet again you can feel her power, it’s radiating off her in waves. She’s very strong, unique and I can sense something big is about to happen but I’m not sure what yet.”

“You’re just crazy” I reply with a snort.

And with that he recedes back into my mind and I feel his presence leave.

What does he mean something is stirring?

And with that I hear her soft footsteps upstairs padding around her room.

I hope she likes it, I’ve had it waiting for my mate since I found out I could find one on my 16th birthday.

I can hear her opening up the closet door.

I had Jai and Coal go back for her belongings and her parents were already informed of us... taking her. It’s like they always knew it would happen.

It was...strange.

Maybe she is different.

I can hear footsteps going back to her bed and soon it’s quite again.

Wait a second the doctor never told me she was up or that he released her.

Well then.

Jane’s P.O.V.

Blackness, it’s all I see.

Are my eyes open?

Oh wait yeah...they are...oops.

Oh sweet baby Jesus not again, I am not busting my head again. I mean I was only out like a couple of hours right?

Now I know there is a lamp on the left side of the bed. I slowly reach my arm out and pull down the chain and my room is flooded with light.

Too bright, way too bright. I turn around behind me and flick the switch on for my twinkling lights. I lean back over and turn off the lamp, much better, now there’s a soft glow creating small thin shadows on the floor and walls.