Chapter 9

Caine's P.O.V.

"Okay wait, so you're saying that she has powers and she is the daughter of the Moon Goddess?" I ask my wolf.

"That is exactly what I'm telling you" he replies.

"And I'm her guardian? What even is a guardian?"

What the hell is a guardian? Im so confused. Nothing is making sense anymore. My mate isn't human she doesn't look the same. Supposedly I'm some guardian. Life is so complicated. Everything was so simple and now there's speak of Jane and her Goddess given powers and oh Lord I need to lie down.

I walk over to the couch and sit down letting the cushions surround and engulf me in their coziness.

"A guardian is her protector. You have a much stronger bond with her than any other wolf's or Alpha and Luna for that matter. As if you didn't already know that. An Alpha's and Luna's bonds are strong because they run the pack, they have to be in tune with each other to keep everything in order. But since you two are basically the most powerful wolves on the planet right now, the bond is stronger than ever before. And as you know her heat is going to be coming very soon, the pull towards her will be irresistible and every other male will feel it too as you well know."

Anger rises in me as I think of any other man oogling at my precious Jane.

Just as I was about to ask more questions the creaking of Jane's door opening pulls my attention to the steps. I was expecting to see the new her, her black hair, blue eyes and her slender form come down the hall.

But thats not what I see. Instead i see her black wolf form slowly coming down the hallway towards the steps.

Her slender body, lean shoulders, long legs and large paws. The way she moves in wolf form is so graceful. Her soft fur almost blue in the light. Her eyes a soft blue and her ears are perked up in the front. 

She slowly starts to descend the steps and the only thing I can do is stare in amazement at this beautiful she-wolf in front of me. I can't wait to be with her and have her as my own.

Having a life, a family with her, a little girl just like her running around. Oh I would be wrapped around her little finger from day one. This thought puts a smile on my face. My Jane standing there with a swollen belly.

I sigh contently. I cant wait, but I have to, I don't want to force her into something she might not be ready for.

Her soft nudge on my knee shakes me from my thoughts. She is one large she-wolf. She might be bigger than me actually.

"Can we go for a run?" Jane's voice flitters through my head. How'd she do that? Only pack members can do that.

"My wolf says it's one of my powers that I get. Apparently I can read minds and if I try hard enough I can talk to them through their heads" she places her enormous head on my lap and slowly starts to wag her tail. How could I say no to that? And I want to see what she has to offer. This could be fun.

I lock eyes with her and focus on putting up a wall. Maybe I can block her out. I'm equally as powerful as her just without the awesome supposed powers.

"Hey, why'd you do that? I can't hear your thoughts anymore! Your mean!" And a small growl escapes her lips. I chuckle in response.

This is going to be so much fun.

Jane's P.O.V.

That little booger blocked me out. If he can put up a wall can I knock it down?

I concentrate and think about a wrecking ball crashing into a big brick wall.

Soon his thoughts are floating through my head.

Oh my goodness.

Oh that's so sweet. He's thinking about starting a family with me. My wolf starts jumping around. Images started to flitter through my head.

Him holding a little baby girl and then ohh him holding her hand walking down the steps. She looks just like me too!And the most shocking one. Me standing at the bottom of the steps with a swollen belly and him bent down kissing it.

Who would think Mr. Hulk being a family man.

That made me start thinking about a little Caine running around. A little brown haired, golden eyed cutie.

"Excuse me Miss did you just break through my wall and flood my mind with images that weren't mine?" Caine's voice makes me jump and the hair on the back of my neck stands up. He has a slight smile on his face and I can tell he likes the idea of children.

I just look at him, shake out my fur and walk away.

I walk through the kitchen and to the door that I somehow never noticed and imagine it opening, just like before, and watch it swing open so i can walk through it.

This is the first time I've seen the back yard. There is a huge pool outside with a giant rock cave that has a small waterfall falling from it into the pool. And over to the side is an in-ground hot tub. And to the right of the pool area is a giant tiled patio surrounded by bushels of flowers and shrubs and small trees, the patio has some comfy looking lawn chairs and long glass tables and to the left of the patio is a stone path that leads into the woods. The rest of the yard is just really green grass.

You could easily fit another huge house in. Which reminds me I have to meet everyone and see the rest of the house.

Caine put his hand on the top of my head and starts scratching behind my ear.

What am i a dog? Oh wait yeah... I kind of am now.

I look over at him and nuzzle his shoulder with my snout. I hadn't realized how tall I was until I was able to look over at Caine and see I am level with his chest.

Woah. That had to mean i was at least 5'11" in wolf form.

Yeah Caine is a tall guy, probably about 6'7"or 6'8".

Large and in charge I would say.

"I'm going to go change, stay here doll" Caine said.

I nod my big head and sit down and watch as he walks off into the woods and behind a tree. What is he doing?

Soon his brown wolf emerges from the spot he walked off to and he ha his clothes in his mouth. He comes back to me and puts his clothes down folded neatly on a glass table I hadn't realized was next to me.

He walks off again this tmie stopping, looking back and wagging his tail at me. This must be my signal to follow. But i wanna see where that path leads to. So instead of following him i padded my way around the pool through the grass and onto the path and into the opening in the woods. The path was long and straight and looked like it went on forever.

Caines wolf came and stood next to mine. He was a built wolf and his fur was a dark brown almost black his golden eyes glowing. I could smell him and it was amazing. Like cinnamon and the woods and it was driving me and my wolf crazy. My lips started tingling from the memory of the kiss.

"Where are you going princess?" His deep voice flooding my head.

"Im following the path" i said softly.

"I'll race you doll" i could hear the smugness in his voice of him already thinking he can win.

"Ok!" I scream practically back at him

"Your going down sweet cheeks eat my dust" i said as i darted down the path.

I started at a pretty good pace not wanting sprint now. You always save the sprint for the end. I learned that in track.

I looked behind me to see Caine right behind me. I giggled but coming from my wolf form it sounded like i was choking on something rather then a laughing.

I pushed myself a little harder and pulled forward away from him. The trees started to blur. The path started whizzing by faster and faster and it wasn't as long as it once seemed. Caine's body was now right next to mine and was occasionally brushing against my side sending warm sparks throughout my wolf.

My wolf was happy we were out running with our mate.

The path was coming to an end and you could start seeing a pond up ahead so i started pushing myself faster and faster, i wasn't even sprinting yet but you could tell Caine was having a hard time keeping up.

"eat my dust sweetheart" i sent to him through my mind and sent a soft giggle along with it. I could tell he got it when he pushed himself a bit harder and he caught up with me.

He was struggling to keep this pace up though. I could tell by the way he was panting. The pond nearing ever closer i pushed myself into my sprint and busted through the tree line way before Caine.

Finally i could see the pond. Which wasn't really a pond through the tree line it looked like a pond but really it was the shallow end of a huge lake.

I was kinda tired from that run and sat down. Caine was just walking through the trees now and came to lay in front on me. I could get use to being around him. His back was lightily resting on my front paws. This wolf form was kind of getting annoying i miss being able to talk.

"Caine can we switch back now?"

"Of course doll but you need clothes to put on...unless you don't want any" he looked at me and wiggled his wolf's eyebrows.

"I forgot about that!" I growled out.

"I got you covered babe over there in that tree is a stash of my clothes go pull out a shirt to slip on"

Oh my goodness. He called me babe...i think i might die. I actually like Caine. I like him a lot.

I took the time to admire his wolf. His wolfs fur was like a dark chocolate brown, before it looked almost black. His eyes the same golden color they always are . He had a white tip on his left ear and a lighter brown streak going down the back of his head and spine. Rather unusual for a wolf. Usually they were just brown,red,white, or the most common grey. The colors go by ranks.

Usually browns are the alphas. Reds are the second and thirds in command. The darker reds are betas or second in command, the lighter reds are third in command. The whites are the fighters or warriors of the pack they are the ones who fight in battle. And the grey are usually the females and everyone else.

I walked off into the woods and immediately found the tree he told me. I looked into the hallow trunk and found a navy blue shirt. It smelt just like him. Cinnamon and the woods. I slipped it on and walked out from behind the tree to put my feet in the cool water. Its pretty out here. Its a huge lake and all around it the trees are green and outline the whole lake, off to the left side theres a dock with steps going up a steep hill. I followed the winding steps up the hill only to find a dark wood cabin. It was two levels and the entire bottom half of the house was glass. Probably to look at the view in the fall when all the leaves are changing.

So guys dont worry this isnt the end of the chapter just temporary