forty-one

Two weeks later

She had been through it before: a break up, even with the same person. And for the same reason. Except this time it was real and not made up to protect her. 

She had forgotten how much it hurt though. The first few days were the easiest surprisingly which made her feel like she could get over him, like she could do anything. But after a week it started to kick in how she lost her best friend and the person she loved the most.

She couldn't fall asleep without crying anymore. She couldn't wake up without crying anymore. She could barely eat. It felt like that feeling would never leave, no matter how hard she tried. She missed something she could never, ever get back.

No one helped her through her days like Senna did though. She helped her fall asleep, getting up and even do simple stuff like taking a shower. Julia barely left Senna's room, even when Senna was at school she would just stay there. Do nothing.

She felt sorry for her sister, for the way she had to take care of her older sister. It should be the other way around, but Senna didn't seem to mind that much.

"Jules. I'm going to school, okay? Don't forget to eat."

Her little sister shook Julia a little to wake her up, whispering sweetly so she wouldn't scare her. Julia smiled when she saw her sister's brown worried eyes and nodded.

"That's alright. I'll see you."

"Please eat," Senna told her again, patting Julia's cheek lightly. Julia nodded and rolled her eyes.

"I will," she said even though she wouldn't and they both knew that.

"Okay."

Senna glanced at Julia once more before she grabbed her bag from the floor and walked out of the room. Julia sighed as she turned around to fall asleep again. Even though she had a lot of nightmares, sleeping was the best thing she could do at the moment. It was the only time there was a chance Dom wouldn't be in her mind, although the chance was small. He appeared in her dreams almost every night.

Julia closed her eyes again, hoping she would have another dream without Dom. At least one that was normal. Where she wouldn't feel so...

sick.

A sudden wave of sickness hit Julia before she could even make her comfortable again. She sat up as quick as she could, trying to swallow to make it disappear. It only got worse.

The fact that her sister had a bathroom in her bedroom saved her: it gave her just enough time to jump up and run over to the toilet where she threw up.

Julia had just enough time to whisper a "what the fuck" underneath her breath before a second wave came, making her hang above the toilet again. She was so caught up in trying to make herself stop, she didn't even hear Senna entering the room.

"Hey, I forgot to- Fuck, Jules."

Senna dropped her bag to run over to the bathroom, immediately kneeling to hold Julia's hair back.

"You didn't tell me you felt sick," Senna told her worriedly as she started rubbing her back.

"I didn't," Julia breathed out. "I didn't until-"

She threw up again.

"And you barely even ate something. Now your stomach is just... empty."