forty-five

!! TW !!

This chapter contains mentions of suicide.

-----

He wasn't at home, which should have been obvious from the start. His car wasn't even there. Still Julia had searched through his entire apartment after going in with the spare key she still had. His house was one big mess; there were bottles everywhere, which only took up half of the mess he had made.

Once she was convinced he really wasn't there, Julia got back to her car, first trying to make herself calm down before she started the motor again.

Please don't miss me okay?

That specific phrase Dom had sent to Ashley kept going through her head. He meant it. He really wasn't okay. But it couldn't be the last thing he has ever said. She couldn't let that happen.

There was only one more spot she knew he could possibly be. His favorite place in town. The spot he went to every time his thoughts were killing him. Just because the city lights would calm him down.

Julia wrapped her shaking hands tightly around the steering wheel and drove away from his house, taking the same route they used to take together. When they both needed a break. Those were her favorite nights.

Normally the ride to the hill seemed like it was just a minute. Because her and Dom would sing along to their favorite songs on the top of their lungs and she would tell him the funniest stories just to see him laugh. Because it always gave her that feeling.

Now she was alone, the drive felt like an eternity. Like there would never be an end. And the voice in her head that told her she was too late already got louder the longer she was driving.

Once she made the last turn to the hill, she could feel her heart sinking in her stomach. There was only one car parked right at the spot Dom would always park his car. And it was his. She was sure.

Julia turned off the motor and jumped out of the car, leaving the door open without even realizing. It felt like her throat was being held shut while she was running over to Dom's car, searching for him. No one was there. His lights were off. The car was never locked but no one was in it.

She turned around, facing the hill again. No one was there either. The place seemed absolutely lifeless. Silence had never scared her more than now.

"Dom!"

She hated how her voice cracked when she yelled. She hated how tears welled up in her eyes as she looked around. She hated the silence after the most.

"Dom!"

No answer. It didn't feel like there would ever be one. But she couldn't go back until she found him. His car was here. He was close.

She looked over the hill once again, before slowly walking further to the edge. Every single memory came back with every step she took. She couldn't help but think that maybe the place would be just one where she made memories. And there would never be new ones after them anymore.

"Dom! Please-"

Her voice faded and she forgot how to breathe when she saw someone sitting at the edge of the hill, just behind the steep part. So there was no way she could have seen him from far away.

If he would make any weird movement, he would fall. And he obviously knew that.

"Oh god," she whispered. She knew he had heard her yell his name. It was impossible for him not to. The fact that he had completely ignored it was what freaked her out.

doncaster city lights II | YUNGBLUDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara