nineteen

"Don't call a doctor! Just open the fucking door for me so I can bring her inside!"

The first thing Julia could hear once she became conscious again was Dom's loud voice, with in the background many more voices that were much more quiet than his. Everyone seemed to have gone nearly silent, which was much different from how it was before Julia collapsed.

"I'm going inside guys, I'm sorry. I'll meet you next time, okay?" Dom spoke. Even though he sounded stressed and he said it very rushed, it sounded meant. And everyone seemed to agree, as there was barely anyone who tried to argue.

Julia opened her eyes and looked right at Dom's face, who was carrying her with one arm under her legs and one under her head. Julia's head was resting against his chest, and she just now noticed his quickened heartbeat.

Dom noticed her open eyes only once they were inside and he looked down at her to check on her.

"Jules, baby."

So far Dom had been walking quickly to find a place to lay her down, but as soon as he saw her eyes opened he stopped walking and shifted all his attention to her.

"Are you alright? Can you hear me?"

Julia nodded as she smiled numbly, which made Dom smile as well and a little bit of concern left his face.

"You scared the fuck out of me baby."

He started walking again, but on a much slower tempo than he first did, because he knew she was okay.

"I'm sorry," Julia breathed out as an answer to what he told her, but he quickly shook his head.

"Don't be."

Soon enough they entered a dressing room, and Dom gently laid her down on a white, somewhat small couch in the corner of the room. He sat down on the edge, reaching out to run his hands through her hair.

"I have never been so anxious in my entire life," he told her, confirming exactly what Julia had been thinking all night. "I thought Benjamin just fucking-"

He breathed out, a shaky breath, and stopped moving his hands for a while. Julia pushed herself up a little so her head would bump against his hands and he would go on.

"My mom took away my phone. Sofia accidentally told her dad about you," she told Dom, and even though the entire situation was messed up and she had no idea how it would end, she couldn't help but chuckle while she was thinking about how her little step sister had reacted as if the world was ending because of her.

"So your mom knows I-"

"That you came over, yes," Julia nodded, and she heard how Dom shortly blew air out of his nose. She didn't know if it was because he didn't know how to respond or he was laughing too, but she smiled lightly.

"So I sneaked out of the house to still see you but I couldn't text you."

Dom sighed in response. "You didn't have to- Your mom is probably worried as hell right now."

"I just didn't want you to be anxious or to think I hated you," Julia told him, her voice small. Dom's hands moved away from her hair and in the corner of her eye she could see him jumping off the edge of the couch to push her body back a little so he could lay next to her.

Even though it was small, it fit, and he pushed his body against hers and buried his face in the crook of her neck, just so she could rest her chin on his head. He was a bit sweaty still, from the show he had done, but Julia didn't care and held her arms around him tightly.

They both were silent for a minute, but it was comfortable. It had been a hard night for them both in their own ways: Julia could still feel the tears on her cheeks from the way she had been crying before she passed out. Dom's heartbeat was still quicker than normal, probably from the anxiety he had felt all night.