forty-eight

As Julia was walking through the hallways of the hotel to go home, she kept reminding herself of that night, when Dom kept telling her to not leave her side.

She was doing the exact opposite now. It was like she failed him even though this was what he wanted.

Well, she didn't exactly know what he wanted. He had been so hard to read ever since she found him at the hill.

Even though he told her to go, by the time she reached her car she could feel tears burning in her eyes. She looked up to the window of their hotel room at least three times, just to meet the closed blinds, before she opened the car door and got in her cold car.

Before she started the car, she just rested her hands on the steering wheel, staring ahead at the cars entering and leaving the parking area. The hotel was kind of busy, but the rooms were silent. So maybe Dom was right about it being a nice place to just think on his own.

Just as she wanted to accept it and searched for her keys again to start the car, she felt her phone buzzing in her pocket, causing her to check it first.

-

Ashley: hey how's everything at the hotel? everything alright?

-

Julia had told Ashley everything that happened as soon as she had gotten the time. She promised to stay in touch with her. Ashley chose the wrong timing though, as she had also promised to stay with Dom at all times and that was exactly what she wasn't doing now.

-

Julia: hey. yeah everything is alright. i'm about to go home now

Ashley: oh you changed his mind about going home? that's great

Julia: no i didn't. he wanted me to go home

Ashley: wait you're not with him?

Julia: no. he wanted me to go home

Ashley: so he's still at the hotel? without you?

Julia: yeah

Julia: but don't worry. he wanted to

Ashley: don't worry???

Ashley: ofc he wanted to

Ashley: that doesn't mean it's alright to leave him alone!!

Ashley: in fact, the worst thing you could do was leaving him there. are you insane?!

Julia: idk he just really wanted me to go and i didn't want to start a fight. because i know he's tired and he needs some space

Julia: he said he'll be fine but he's still mad at me

Ashley: yeah listen i didn't expect him to forgive you so quickly but you're the only one who can be there for him and who can make sure he's alright

Ashley: and he knows that

Ashley: so why would you leave him? you don't even know what's going on in his mind rn

Julia: i don't but he told me i needed to trust him so that's what i'm doing

Ashley: a few hours after he tried to kill himself?

Ashley: go back please

Ashley: literally i don't care what he wants at the moment but he needs the right care and this is not it.

Ashley: you left him alone in a foreign hotel room just hours after he wanted to kill himself

Ashley: do you see how insane that sounds