Chapter 33

"Alright everyone I'm so excited this week because..." Dad grinned at us and walked to the choir room and wrote "Wedding" on the white board. "Yes, this Saturday you are all invited to my wedding with Holly." Dad smiled at us as the others are cheering happily.

"We are so happy for you, Mr. Schue." Finn smiled at him.

"Well, Holly just want a simple wedding but it's not a wedding without entertainment right? So for this week assignment, I want you to come up with the wedding songs. Rock, pop, hip-hop or country. I want something upbeat to dance and something slow. Holly and I will have our dance as husband and wife and Paris said that she has prepared something to sing so I need something to walk Holly down in the aisle since we don't want something usual. We want something different." Dad said to us.

"You can count on us, Mr. Schue." Artie smiled at him.

The bell rings. I took my binder then walked out from the choir room and walked down in the hallways and turned my way to my locker.

This week is dad and Holly's wedding. I'm excited. Not that just I will have a new mom but also that I can distract myself away from thinking about Finn and everything.

"Hey..."

"What's up, Finn?" I turned my face at him.

"I just want to give you your late birthday present." Finn said to me and took something from his bag and handed it over to me. "It's your own star."

I opened it and it's a star certificate gift honor. "My own star?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Yes. I saw this commercial online about you paid for few dollars and get the star after your name so I named it after you. I read in my astronomy book that a star doesn't need any help from the sun to shine. Different with moon that need to reflect the sun so it can shine, but the star doesn't and that's who you are. You don't need any help from anyone to shine. You shine brighter than any of those stars above. That's how I see you." Finn smiled at me.

"Isn't this too much for someone who's not even your girlfriend anymore?" I turned my face at him.

"No it isn't. Anyway, I don't sell the Nintendo Switch that you got me. I hawk my letterman jacket on eBay." Finn said to me.

"Thank you so much." I smiled at him.

"So what's with you and Sam?" Finn asked me.

"There's nothing between us. I want to focus on myself and student council so no boyfriend." I said to him and stick the star certificate to my locker. "Thank you for the birthday present anyway." I smiled at him and shut my locker then walked away.

They said if you want to fully move on from your ex then you should stay away from them. And this is what I did. Avoiding Finn. I guess that I just going to focus on me besides I found out that Sam and Mercedes are still have feelings for each other and I think they perfect for each other. So there is just only me and me.

~~

I walked around the music store and looked through the music sheet. I should be thinking of what love song that I should be singing on dad's wedding and since I'm single so I don't have any idea.

"Well, well, well.. hello Schuester."

I turned my face and looked at the guy who stood across me. "What are you doing here, Jesse?" I simply asked and keep looking through the song book.

"The question is what are you doing here? Looking for song to perform at Regionals?" Jesse raised his eyebrows at me.

"Nope. My dad is having a wedding this weekend and I want to sing a song as my present so.." I simply answered.