Chapter 22

*Paris' POV*

I pull myself a bit closer to the campfire that almost fall out. It's really cold here. I turn my face at my stomach and I'm starving. We had ate all of our chocolate bars and candies that we have. I didn't eat anything last night and this morning. I only had lunch today and I feel like my stomach is  hurting.

I turn my face at Shiro and he is staying in my arms. We both are getting cold. I take my phone and look at to the watch. It's been like five hours I'm outside here.

Tears start falling down from my eyes. What am I doing? Ah who cares. Dad won't looking for me anyway. I sigh and turn my face at my phone. Finn is still calling me. I don't want to answer him but I'm starving. Maybe he could bring me food here.

I take my phone and text Finn about where I am now. Finn had texted me about twenty times and calling me every minute until my phone battery is now only 20% left.

I lean my back against the rock and lean my head a bit. I keep hugging Shiro and close my eyes. It's midnight already maybe when the morning comes I will pay for a motel. I don't know if my money is enough. I can't use the credit card because dad will find out where I am now.

I close my eyes and half asleep. I open my eyes quickly when I heard something between the leaves. Is it human or wild animal like snake or bear?

I get up from my seat slowly and turn on the flashlight. I look around and hoping that there was nothing. Or just a ghost maybe.

"Paris?!"

I turn my face and see Ms. Holiday is standing about five steps away from me holding a flashlight. I roll my eyes and turn my face away.

"I knew Finn would've told you." I simply said and cover up my body with blanket and sit down on the ground again.

"It's for your own safety. You can't be in the wild forest like this. It's dangerous." Ms. Holiday says to me and walks closer to me.

"No, just let me be eaten by a bear or a wolf. I don't care." I shake my head and look away.

"We all care. Your dad is really worried about you. We all are. Please come back home. I know you're starving and this is really cold out here." She said to me and sits down across me.

"I don't want to go home. Dad has two options, me leaving or That Woman leaves. But I guess that he would rather to have me leaving instead of that woman." I sigh and look down.

"It's always been her to leave not you."

I turn my face and dad comes out from the bushes. "I don't want to go back unless she leaves." I shake my head.

"She is leaving. I got that it's all my fault. I should talk to you about it. On Christmas I told you I just want you to be happy but what I've done? I make you feel like this." Dad walks over to me and sits down across me.

"Well, she is probably will come back tomorrow so.." I shrug.

"She won't. I found your letter, Holly also told me everything. It hurts me when you said that you don't have any parents anymore. What am I to you huh? A stone? I went crazy tonight looking for you everywhere." Dad says to me.

"Mom is starting pulling away from me since she is engaged. I don't want to lose you. When you brought her home and yelled at me, I feel like she was successful stealing you away from me and I have to get used to struggling alone." I said to him.

"You could've just told me." Dad frowns at me.

"How? You didn't even let me talk and grounded me." I sigh and look down.