Chapter 21

I knock on the door and smile. "Hey, girl. How's New York?" Ms. Holiday smiles back at me.

"It was really good. I got paid actually. I got $500 and dad decided to put that money into my college fund." I giggle and walk in. "Last night when we got home, we found your letter." I said to her and sit down on a table.

"I have to leave to Cleveland to teach for four months there." Ms. Holiday says to me and standing against her desk.

"Why do you have to break up with dad? Cleveland is only about an hour and half from here." I said to her.

"Sweetie, it's about the commitment. Your dad broke my dating record though. I never had a date that last than 36 hours. But I had three whole weeks with him." Ms. Holiday half smiled. "I thought you hate the woman who dates your dad."

"Did I ever say that I hate you? No. You're beautiful and very funny. We have a lot of conversation before right? And I told you my secret. I like you because I know you're not going to steal my dad even though you're his girlfriend." I said to her and look down.

"Paris, you can tell me anything. What's going on?" Ms. Holiday frowns at me.

"My mom is engaged with a man, a terrific man, she said. I'm happy for her, I do. But ever since she told me that, she less contacted me, I have to call her first or text her first and it seems like I'm losing her. I don't want that happen to dad. I don't want to lose the only person who always been by my side. I mean, what if he date another woman who is horrible and-and make up fake stories. I watched that on Supernanny show or other movies. I don't want that happen." I said to her as tears fall down from my eyes.

"Have you talk to your dad about this?" Ms. Holiday asks me.

"No, I don't want him to think I'm selfish. I want to see him happy, I really do but my fears is killing me." I sigh and wipe my tears away.

"You said this because you're too scared if something going to happen between your dad and the guidance counselor right?"

"Honestly, yes. I mean, everytime I see her face I got all those memories the night when I left alone in my house after that big fight. I know my mom is horrible but I was the glue that stick them together for fifteen years until I'm not that glue anymore. And two weeks, not two weeks, about ten days after my dad filed for divorce, she bragging into my house, was setting up a table for a dinner, I was there, I came in and she was there. From that moment, I knew she would stole dad away from me." I said to her.

"And you think I wouldn't do that?"

"You wouldn't, would you?" I turn my face at her.

"I wouldn't do that. I have my lines. My parents were divorced when I was little girl so I knew exactly what you feel. You are a very beautiful, smart, and talented girl, Paris. If I'm marrying your dad, I'm not only getting a daughter, but also a best friend. But.. I don't know. I'm really bad at commitment and you know your dad right?" She said to me.

"Yeah I know that." I nod.

"You're almost making me cry. This woman is almost never cry." She chuckles.

"I'm sorry." I giggle and sniffle.

"No, thank you for trusting me with what you're feeling inside. Other school might treat me bad since I'm just a substitute teacher but this school is different especially all of you glee kids." Ms. Holiday smiles at me.

"So are you still going to go to Cleveland?" I ask her. "Dad is really bummed about it."

"Yes because if I can do good then I will be a permanent teacher there. It's a private school where students wear uniforms." She chuckles. "But I will talk to your dad. It means a lot to me on how much you respect me and like me." She smiles at me.