𝟭𝟮: the ducks are back

𝘳𝘪𝘻𝘻𝘰'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷

𝘳𝘪𝘻𝘻𝘰'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷

me and the team all knelt around coach orion on the ice, fully geared up and ready to practice. for some reason, orion was carrying a big ass trash can.

"alright. i've been doing my homework on varsity and i'm not gonna lie, they're good. the way they wiped your faces in the dirt last time was no fluke. so if you want your pride back, you better be willing to work." orion said. "there's nothing more glamorous about it, pros we call it blue collar hockey. now, there's one thing varsity does very well. they're vultures around the net, they pick up every loose piece of trash. so if you wanna win..." he dumped all the trash in the trash bin onto the ice and the smell of pure ass filled the air.

phew.

"you're going to have to pick up the trash." orion finished his sentence.

then averman picked up a old moldly stale bagel, "got any cream cheese?" he asked.

"ask goldberg, isn't he's the dough boy here." i chuckled.

"hey!" he said offended and playfully shoved me. i shoved back, a little too hard because he fell over. the team chuckled.

"alright! let's get to work!" coach smiled and blew his whistle.

orion spread all the trash out in front of the goal and we had to keep it out as he shot it at us. julie was goalie so we had to help her.

coach was about to shoot a banana peel into the goal but i luckily jumped in front of it, keeping it out.

"good, monroy!"

this continued for the longest time and at some point we had gone outside, picking up trash off the sidewalk as we skated by and tossed into the bin orion held.

once we were done picking up the trash, orion blew his whistle, "let's go! over here, grab a knee!"

"grab a knee? does he mean take a knee or yank someone down by the knee?" i asked fulton as we skated over.

"i think he meant get down on a knee." fulton answered.

"oh okay."

we all knelt down again around orion and the trash can. the trash can had a big box on top of it.

"you guys are not skating like warriors!" he sternly yelled at us. oh man, here we go again. "you look like something else." we all looked at each other confused as to what the hell this dude was trying to say.