𝟮: short press

riz^

𝘳𝘪𝘻𝘻𝘰'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷

𝘳𝘪𝘻𝘻𝘰'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷

to say i was excited was an understatement.

i was ecstatic, hyped, thrilled, electrified, whatever you want to call it. i was happy to reunite with my fellow duckies. russ and i are currently in minnesota and on our way to eden hall. we're in our duck jerseys from the goodwill championships.

"think the principal is gonna be an ass?" russ asked.

i shrugged, "maybe."

me and russ walked into eden hall with our suitcases. we dropped off our stuff to our dorms. we had different dorms due to our different genders, of course. when we were making our way through the halls, i heard a bunch of people talking.

"that's russ but that's not rizzo, you're on crack."

"yes it is, idiot. #78, that's her."

"dang her hair got longer."

"how'd she get even hotter than the last time we saw her- ow! what was that for!"

"shut up averman. she's portman's girl."

"damn puberty did justice that we didn't even know she needed."

russ and i turned around to see all of the ducks aside from jesse and dean.

jesus, some of them grew like hell.

"what the hell did they feed you guys while we were gone? y'all are tall as fuck." i referred to the boys. "char you're like six feet now and banksie too. kenny you grew!" i hugged each of them.

"i'm still one of the shortest ones though." kenny said playfully sad and pouted.

i patted his shoulder and chuckled, "yeah but if a jock picks on you, you got me, fulty and char. and luis, you look different." i joked.

"speak for yourself, you're really the bash babe now, hermana." luis said.

"whatever, hermano. but i've missed you guys. how ya doin', cowboy?"

"mighty fine, little lady." dwayne said tipping his cowboy hat.

"connie you look great, i dig the dress. how'd the 6th year go?" i asked. she came up and hugged me, whispering, "it was magical."

"good job, guy." i praise and turn to averman. "les, how's my favorite jokester doing?"

"great actually, thank you for caring unlike someone." he fake coughed, "goldberg."

"c'mon! it's wasn't my fault that my deluxe strawberry and white chocolate cake fell onto you." goldberg defended himself.

"true but you didn't help me clean up though so you're still as bad as the cake was. it tasted like dirt, by the way." averman crossed his arms and held his head high like a five year old.

i giggled, "so what i'm hearing is that goldie threw a cake at you?"

"i didn't throw it!"

"sure you didn't-"

"guys! get out here for the conference." bombay called us out to the front of the school and a short press conference about our scholarships started.

"thank you, it's a great honor to be here today to introduce you to a truly great group of kids. sure they can be a little rambunctious. they've run me ragged and played their fair share of pranks. i still haven't forgotten about the eggs but i hung in there and they hung for me. we became the quack attack, the flying v, the bash brothers and babe. and i also haven't forgotten about the zamboni incident and chuck e. cheese fiasco. i've never had a better time. these kids are winners, each and every one of them. but more than that, they are great people. i hope they enrich and enliven your school and lives they way they have with mine. now i have you over to my old biology teacher and current headmaster of eden hall, dean buckley." bombay worded and stepped off the stage for buckley to take the mic.

"gordon bombay has a lot to be proud of. we are happy to welcome the ducks to our great educational institution." mhm that's what they all say. "so today gives me great pleasure to award you these full athletic scholarships to eden hall academy, where we hope the ducks will be great warriors and lead us into glory and divisional championships." buckley finished.

"warriors? we're the warriors? sounds boring." i whisper to fulton who 'mhm'ed in response.

after the boring conference ended, bombay and charlie went for a walk while we all went home. for the players out of state, like myself, that meant that we went to our dorms. and turns out, julie was my roommate. thank god for that because i didn't want some peppy airhead roommate.

"hey jules, you know why portman and jes weren't at the conference?" i ask as we plop down on our beds.

"dean didn't tell you?" she asked shock. i shook my head no. "well jesse moved to vegas and portman is staying in chicago. he heard that bombay wasn't gonna coach."

"you're serious?" i say sitting up, already knowing that she wasn't kidding. i dropped back down onto my bed and sighed.

so bombay, jesse and my boyfriend is out of the game and didn't even tell me.

wow.

and i actually thought this was going to be okay.