𝟵: time to go

𝘳𝘪𝘻𝘻𝘰'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷

𝘳𝘪𝘻𝘻𝘰'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷

the next day, i had gone to all my classes and caught up on the missing assignments i had from yesterday. fulton had joined the duc- i mean warriors again so i could hang out after school with him. and charlie was somewhere. that walk he took last night made him go off the radar and no one's seen him. linda's been asking me about him since they haven't talked in awhile but i just tell her "he'll come around, just wait." knowing charlie, he'll eventually come around. he always does.

it was during performing arts class that i was called to the principal's office, "rizzo monroy, please report to the headmaster's office. rizzo monroy, please report to the headmaster's office."

why the heck did they need to repeat it twice?

i looked at my teacher and she nodded for me to be excused. so i got my things together and made my way to buckley's office.

to be so honest, i don't really care if i'm in trouble. i walked into buckley's office and saw the whole team mourning in sadness.

buckley looked at me, "rizzo, why don't you take a seat." he gestured to the empty chair in the room.

i took a step back, "no. what's going on?"

"rizzo, you should probably take a seat-"

"no." i just had a bad feeling that if i sat down in that chair, i wouldn't be able to live again. "just tell me what you guys are shittin' about."

"rizzo... i'm sorry but you're friend hans died."

those quiet words made my world stop for a few seconds.

"what?! you're kidding right?" i say trying to laugh because i didn't know how to feel. "right?!" i yelled when nobody said anything.

"rizzo, please calm down-"

"calm down?! he was... fine. man, i should've known." i left the room without another word. i heard people calling for me to stop but did i listen? no.

i just kept walking, letting my legs lead me to wherever they wanted to.

and somehow i ended up at the lake. the non-frozen clear, pure blue lake that had koi fish swimming in it. i just sat there with tears threatening to leave my eyes but i wouldn't let them.

i don't cry.

listening to the sound of the water constantly moving, the birds chirping and the breeze going made me feel sad, mad, disappointed and all of these negative emotions that i didn't even know could exist.