𝟯: day one

riz' outfit^

𝘳𝘪𝘻𝘻𝘰'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷

𝘳𝘪𝘻𝘻𝘰'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷

the out of state players and i met up outside of our dorms to walk to the orientation assembly together. the old ducks live in minnesota so they don't have dorms. they're coming here together somehow.

i was behind kenny and beside dwayne with luis behind us and russ and julie in front. us six walked across campus.

"got to admit, this school is pretty nice. but not talkin' about the people though." i say.

"yeah. the bad vibes radiating off these people are off the charts." kenny agreed.

"hey i wanna know who this new coach orion is. my dad said that if i didn't like him that i could come right home." julie said.

russ chuckled, "ha that's nice. my dad said that i'd better keep my scholarship or he'd whip my butt."

"yeah wouldn't wanna go home either." i say.

"why not?" dwayne asked.

"rizzo here and her mom got into a little argument before we left." russ explained and their mouths went into a little 'o' shape while i just nodded.

"you know, i heard in the dorms that the guy played for the minnesota north stars and got suspended for punching out his own coach!" luis said getting back on the subject.

"you mean the dallas stars, i heard he punched out a fan!" dwayne corrected.

"so basically a replica of stansson? oh great." i say.

"i heard he was a buddhist, you know like kung fu or richard gere." julie added.

"kung fu wasn't a buddhist, he was a trappist monk." ken corrected julie.

"are you talkin' 'bout the old kung fu or the further adventures of the new kung fu?" russ asked.

"man y'all watch too much tv." dwayne commented.

"shoot, that's the safest thing to do in our hood." russ replied and i 'mhm'ed in agreement.

we got to the auditorium and hell that bitch was big. the boys, julie and i took our seats in front of these older kids who had the school's letterman jackets on.

yep, you guessed it- preppies.

the new ducks and i were just minding our own business, looking around the auditorium and sinking in the unknown rich feeling until-