𝟭: end to begin

𝘳𝘪𝘻𝘻𝘰'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷

𝘳𝘪𝘻𝘻𝘰'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷

"the puck is in the falcons' zone- oh stolen by monroy! here she is on a breakaway! here she is, the queen of the ice, the bash babe, soaring into the lions' zone and teases the puck. and ends it all with the cherry-bomb!" the announcer cheered. "there goes the siren and it's over, 15-4! another victory for the LA falcons."

"good job out there, monroy." coach carter patted me on the back.

i take off my helmet, sweating up a storm, "thanks coach." i say out of breath as russ and i walked side by side into the locker rooms.

that was our last game at the falcons' summer camp program. russ and i join our school's summer hockey program every year because russ' dad thinks we should use hockey to our advantage and possibly get a scholarship into a better school. i personally don't have a problem with our current public school, but they thought it'd be best for us to at least try. sure, our school wasn't the nicest but it was home.

throughout the summer, we got recognition from scouts due to our victory at the goodwill games three months ago. but we don't accept any offers since its not what we're looking for-

"hey riz, let's go to sweets parlor before we head home, i'm really feelin' a slush right now." russ said.

"sure. i gotta stay at your place for a couple hours anyways, mom's working late again." i say back, taking off my pads.

my mom's hasn't been home much. she told me that she was taking more shifts but i don't buy it, she hates working.

and why would she need to take up more shifts? they already pay her a decent amount of money as it is and gave her a raise last month.

james told me that it could just be money problems but hell, if we had money problems, it'd be covered. i work at joanne's and i make pretty good bank.

i swapped my uniform for my street clothes: