Chapter 38

Ryoma turned around and said, "We're showering together tonight." Yuri tried to fend off the blush that was increasingly darkening and agreed with a simple nod.

Yuri then began taking off her own clothes before joining Ryoma in the shower. While wetting herself, Ryoma had begun rubbing body wash on her back. Yuri smiled and began scrubbing shampoo and conditioner into her hair. Once she finished, she washed off and let Ryoma go.

She squirted a bit of his body wash onto her loofa and began scrubbing his back. Ryoma then began soaping his hair and once they finished, they both dried off and changed into their pajamas. Yuri didn't want to wear her usual shorts and tank top, so she asked Ryoma if she could sleep in one of his shirts.

Ryoma was surprised at her request but felt butterflies in the pit of his stomach. "Sure. They're in the closet." Yuri then went through his closet before deciding on one of his shirts.

It was a simple white T-Shirt, but she was smaller than Ryoma so it was a little big on her. She came out of the bathroom after changing and Ryoma was a blushing mess. The shirt was a bit short, so it only covered up to her mid-thigh. He resisted from looking down at her legs before turning away to look back at his phone.

Yuri giggled and climbed into bed with Ryoma, snuggling into his chest as he wrapped an arm around her waist. Soon enough, Yuri and Ryoma both fell asleep...

The Next Day... (Yuri's POV...)

When I woke up, I checked the time and saw that we had enough time to get ready and meet up with the others. I got dressed and did my morning routine. When I was packing our bags, Ryoma finally decided to wake up, but he did get ready without saying anything.

When we got together with the other Seigaku regulars, Coach Ryuzaki and I went over the match lineup, "Singles 3 is Momoshiro, you'll be against Oshitari. Doubles 2 will be played by Inui and Kaido, keep your guard up because something might happen. Tezuka, you're playing 2nd singles against Kabaji. Remember that he's a copycat, so make sure to keep that in mind when you play."

I then continued the line ups, "Doubles 1 is going to be our Golden Partners, this time you guys are able to play together. Don't let your wrist affect your game, Oishi~sempai. Finally, Ryoma you're playing Singles 1 against Atobe."

Everyone then began warming up for their matches, Kaido going on a small jog before his match. The first match was Momo~sempai against a Hyotei regular whose name was Oshitari Yuūshi. I recognized him to be one of the regulars that had tried to hit me with a ball.

I tried to keep my cool because I hadn't told anyone about the incident from yesterday. I think a few of the more observant regulars noticed the difference in Ryoma's behavior. Ryoma was staying close to me and was constantly glancing at me or glaring at the regulars of Hyotei.

Yuūshi was playing his match agianst Momo~sempai, but something seemed off. Momo~sempai was playing a long match, but I know he has strong stamina. If anything, Momo~sempai could handle this kind of match.

Only difference was that Yuūshi was constantly aiming at a certain place, Momo~sempai's head. Yuūshi successfully had hit a ball at Momo~sempai's head and it pretty much led to Momo~sempai being unconscious and by default had to forfeit the match.

"Momoshiro Takeshi had been injured and by default has been forfeited. Oshitari Yuūshi has won. Doubles 2 players, please get ready for your match. Your match will begin shortly."

Kaido~sempai and Inui~sempai had been stretching for a bit before their match against Mukahi Gakuto and Hiyoshi Wakashi. Once the match started, I noticed that Inui~sempai was positioning himself to hit his special move that we called Super Sonic Serve.

When he had hit it, the ball had gone a little faster than the usual speed. 'He's improved it.' I thought with a smile.

The game then went on with Inui~sempai and Kaido gaining points or the other team doing the same. It seemed like they were fighting in a war, but I knew Ryoma's match would be worse. It was tied at 5-5, but the teams seemed to have gotten tired. Kaido wasn't as tired as everyone else though, seeing as he had the most stamina out of us all.

Wakashi seemed to have thought Kaido~sempai couldn't reach the ball he had returned from Inui~sempai, but Kaido~sempai proved him wrong. Kaido had hit a ball that had been slightly tilted, but it had a gyro spin.

Everyone was wondering what the ball was called, but I knew the name of it. I mean, I did help with creating it. It's called the Tornado Snake. It's a very complicated shot, but it's pretty easy to learn if you're built like Kaido or have similar stats to him.

With the combination of those shots Kaido~sempai and Inui~sempai won. It was a good match, the score was 5-7 in our favor. It was then Tezuka's turn and it was against the good copycat whose name was Kabaji. Problem was that... it began to rain... 

"Matches will be postponed until tomorrow. Everyone stay safe and we will see you all tomorrow." the officiator announced. Everyone began to leave and eventually so did we. 

The Next Day... 

During the next match, Tezuka and Kabaji played well against one another. Well, as best as one could play against a cheap copy of themself... 

Kabaji had actually been able to copy Muga No Kyochi. I was definitely surprised, but kinda impressed as well. Luckily, Tezuka had found a way to break the tie and made it to the final score of 6-7. Next was Doubles 1 with our Golden Partners.

During the game, they had started to go into a state of which I noticed was very hard to achieve. It was Synchro. They're bodies and minds are in a unanimous state. They're breathing was evidently in sync and so were their actions.

Also, Eiji~sempai seemed to have more stamina than usual, so I kind of just connected the dots. I'm so happy that I've met these tennis players. I've been given the opportunity to watch them grow... especially Ryoma.

Author's POV...

The match continued and eventually ended with 7-6 due to Eiji getting distracted. The total score was tied 2-2 and the deciding match of which team would move onto the semi-finals rested on Singles 1 players.

Ryoma and Atobe walked onto the courts and Yuri's aura darkened evidently. It was definitely noticed because everyone went silent and their gazes moved to face Yuri. Her hair was covering her face, creating a shadow and mysterious effect.

"You okay Yuri?" Momoshiro asked. Yuri stiffly nodded, her answer silent but mysterious.

Atobe smirked, holding his hand out for Ryoma to shake, "Echizen, how about a bet?"