Alex's POV
"Birthday?" I say "12/14" and she says "where are you from?" I say "Essex, England" rubbing my forehead. She says "hmm, long ways away. Anything illegal that you are taking? Its dumb but I'm required to ask." I say "no" and she says "ok, I'm gonna have a medical history sheet sent up to you so you can fill it out then you're good, ok?" I say "ok" and she says "perfect" hanging up. I groan saying "medical history?! You didn't tell me about that!" Jack says "sorry, I forgot about that." I groan saying "its gonna take forever" and a paper gets slid under the door. I go and get it, grab a clipboard and pen I saw on a desk, and I sit on the bed. I say "why like 8 papers?" I look through them and its like if you're biologically a boy do this one, if you're a girl do this one, if you're trans do this one, if you're non binary do this one, and theres 2 papers each. I mumble "dumb" writing down my name, my dead name cause they need that for some reason, my birthday, my birthplace, my room number, and if I'm transitioning and with what. What I'm on, how much of it, why I'm taking it, all the bullshit. Like do you have any of these problems, have you had top and/or bottom surgery yet, blah, blah, blah. I say "why do I have to do this?" Jack says "I know, its dumb. How far in are you?" I say "do you have any of this giant list of problems" making him chuckle. He says "you're almost done though." I say "good." Jack says "why are you here?" I say "I got expelled 1 too many times" smirking. He gasps, dramatically saying "doing what?!" I say "I like to cause trouble doing many things, nothing illegal, but I'm really good at getting caught on accident." Jack chuckles and I say "why are you here?" He says "hah, my parents hate me and thought I'd be a "better" person after I got out of here but I'm not changing for nothing, baby!" I laugh saying "what do they mean by "better"?" Jack says "they want me to somehow come out of here as a straight guy with my tattoos somehow removed, whatever that means." I say "those things don't magically disappear last time I checked" laughing. Jack says "thats what I said!" We laugh and he says "tell me about yourself." I say "hmm, my sides hurt and I hate this paper even though I have to do it. They'll probably be like gasp, anxiety medication?! We need to watch you take it so you don't overdose! You're on steroids! You have sharp objects! Gasp, we need to keep those too!" Jack laughs saying "aren't steroids illegal?" I say "you're thinking of the illegal drug called steroids not all the other medications that are steroids." He says "what are legal steroids?" I say "well, steroids weaken the immune system but they do something else for the body at the same time. For example, they use steroids during like chemotherapy treatment." I'm not taking steroids its a common joke at my house to call my testosterone steroids cause thats basically what illegal steroids are plus it add humor to getting a shot. Jack says "hmm, I didn't know that, thats cool. How do you know this?" I say "medical field has always interested me and I've had many experiences" chuckling. Jack says in a very "bro" voice "thats radical, man." I laugh saying "that was so weird." Jack says "whatever, man" laughing. My phone rings and I answer it saying "hello?" Jack screams and we laugh. My mom chuckles saying "told you and guess who got your surgery to a few weeks from now?" I say "shut the hell up, you did not?!" She says "I did! I'll send you all the details, hows it going so far?" I say "good, I just had to fill out a medical history to keep meds in my room. It was so annoying." She says "that takes forever, I feel your dread through the phone." We laugh and I say "yup, ok, I'll talk to you another time?" She says "yep, love you." I say "love you too, mom" hanging up. I say "yay!" Jack says "yay! What are we yaying about?" I say "I'm gonna have to tell you this at some point cause we kind of share a room. Don't hate me?" He says "you don't have to tell me anything, I'm not going to hate you." I say "and can you not tell anyone?" He says "I won't tell anyone, pinky promise." I laugh, doing the pinky thing with him. I look over at him and I say "you're paying attention so I don't have to repeat myself, right?" He nods and I say "ok. Umm, I'm trans and my mom just called me about having top surgery in like 3 weeks." Jack says "thats an appropriate time to yay. We could even through a sad party if you want" laughing. I say "I'm all for sad parties but I could take a nap right now" laughing. Jack says "well, thats what sad parties consist of, laying in bed as if its a normal day, we just call it a party" shrugging, making me chuckle. I say "I have a lot of sad parties then" and Jack says "same, you have a nice face." I chuckle saying "thank you" blushing. He says "its nice to look at." I smile and someone knocks on the door saying "Jack!" Jack screams "WHAT?!" We laugh and the dude says "don't make me come in there and drag you out." Jack says "no!" They guy says "I'll make Zack come drag you" and Jack sits up immediately. I laugh saying "you look terrified." Jack says "Zacks dragged me before so yeah, if Zack drags me, yeah, I'm terrified." The other guy says "hurry up!" Jack says "wanna go?" I shrug saying "sure" and I get off the bed. We leave and this guy says "awww, he's so cute, can I keep him?!" Jack says "no, he's mine" making us chuckle. This dude says "I'm Rian, welcome to the top floor, I hope you aren't too straight or you won't get along with everyone very well." I chuckle saying "well, I'm right at home then" chuckling. Rian says "perfect! Just be yourself, everyone up here is a bit strange. If you can handle Jack then you can handle anyone up here." Jack says "whats that supposed to mean, Rian?!" We laugh and Rian says "it means that you're crazy." Jack says "so is Kellin!" Rian says "Kellin, crazy? Alright." I hear a "I'm not crazy, shut the fuck up, Jack." Jack says "I'm sorry, I love you, Kellin!" Kellin says "stop hitting on me, Jack. Thats for later." I hear another dude say "stop hitting on my boyfriend, Jack." I chuckle saying "you're fucked dude." Kellin says "threesome?" The other guy says "no, you're crazy." Jack says "told you, bye guys!" We laugh and I say "this place might make me hate people a little less." Rian says "we all hate people, thats how were friends." I say "I'll fit right in then" chuckling.