Chapter Six

Lucian and Griffin:

            “So, I had this idea, and I wanted to see what you guys thought of it,” Wyatt announced.

            The twins grinned at their young protégé. Instead of spending his Friday night out with his friends or on a date, he’d come to their house.

After having dinner, the guys took up residence in the study. Rather than joining them for post dinner drinks, Fallon begged off for a chance to rest while the baby was still sleeping. The only one absent from dinner was Angelica, who made it a point to inform everyone she had a date.

Considering he could see the truth in her mind, Lucian was surprised she’d lie in front of him and Griffin. It wasn’t a date with a man she had but an evening with her mom. Like all the righteous Angelica likely thought bending the truth to put her in the best light was just fine. Bending the truth or lying, whatever it was called, it was meant to get under Seth’s skin.

Much to Angelica’s silent dismay, Seth barely registered a reaction when she made her grand proclamation. If she’d been able to see in his mind, as Lucian could, she would’ve realized Seth did have a reaction, a very guttural reaction. The problem for poor Angelica was that it wasn’t the jealousy she hoped to invoke. The idea of Angelica moving on and parading her new love under his nose didn’t sit well with him. Daphne put him through the same shit in high school. He hated it then and he hated it now. 

Seth poured two glasses of cognac, one for Lucian and the other for Griffin. Then he poured himself a whiskey on the rocks.

“You want a drink, Wyatt?” Seth offered.

Wyatt raised his eyebrows. “You mean like with alcohol or a soda?”

Seth smirked. “I meant alcohol.”

Wyatt looked to Lucian and Griffin. “Is this some kind of test, or are you really going to let me drink?”

“I don’t care if you have a drink, but I’m not letting you get shitfaced,” Griffin answered.

The look in Wyatt’s eyes was cautiously optimistic. “Seriously?”

Lucian smiled. “Go ahead if you want, but if you tell anyone we’ll deny it.”

“I wouldn’t even know what to have,” Wyatt admitted. “I’ve never had a drink.”

Lucian lifted his right eyebrow. “Never?”

“Well, I snuck a drink of my dad’s beer once when I was nine, but that shit tasted so nasty I swore I’d never touch the stuff again,” Wyatt said.

All three men laughed.

“I know what you need,” Seth decided and set about pouring Wyatt his first mixed drink.

“What is it?” Wyatt asked when Seth handed him the glass.

“Its rum and Coke,” Seth answered. “Trust me, you’ll like it, and I went easy on the rum since you’re a virgin and all.”

Wyatt’s face reddened, but he seemed to understand the challenge in Seth’s words. His fingers shook ever so slightly as he seized the glass and took a large gulp.

“So, what do you think?” Seth asked.

“It tastes like Dr. Pepper,” Wyatt said.

“Told ya you’d like it,” Seth reminded him. “You tell your sister I let you drink, and I’ll kick your ass.”

“I won’t tell her,” Wyatt assured him and took another drink.

“Now, what was your idea?” Lucian asked.