Chapter Nineteen

Fallon:

            A smile stretched across Fallon’s lips when she opened her eyes, and it wasn’t simply because she was lying between two beautiful demons. That was nice but even nicer was the fact that either her son had slept in or someone had been kind enough to allow her to sleep in by seeing to his needs.

            Being careful not to wake the men sleeping at either side of her, Fallon rose from the bed and headed into the bathroom. She started the shower before dropping down to pee. When her bladder was empty, she slipped into the shower. Having slept nude after a night of intense lovemaking, there was no need for her to disrobe.

            As the warm water pelted her, Fallon let her thoughts drift to last night. It had been a perfect evening in more ways than one. That look of disbelief on Daphne’s face when Seth admitted he’d been using her affection to arouse Angelica’s jealousy still made Fallon giggle. After breaking his heart twice when they were younger, Daphne got what she deserved.

            Seth and Angelica got what they deserved too. Fallon was already looking forward to helping Angelica plan her wedding. They’d better not even think about eloping. Though Fallon never regretted marrying her husbands in secret, it made sense for them. If she couldn’t marry both of them freely for all to see then she wasn’t going to marry only one of them in some elaborate farce. That didn’t mean she was going to let their best friends get away with it, especially not since she was already planning on being a bridesmaid.

            Maybe Daphne could be a bridesmaid too, Fallon thought and the sound of her laughter echoed around her.

            Just as Fallon shut off the water and emerged from the bathroom, the door opened. Lucian and Griffin stood naked in the doorway, and her breath caught in her throat. They were so prefect with their broad shoulders and chests and muscular thighs.

            Both men grinned at her. “Why don’t you turn that water back on and we’ll join you in the shower?”

            Fallon did her best to control the excitement fluttering inside her. “Oh, I’m finished with my shower, but you boys go ahead if you want to.”

            Lucian and Griffin traded glances that made her laugh.

            “As much as I’d love to spend the day in bed with you two, I want to check on the baby,” Fallon explained. “I haven’t heard a peep out of him since I put him down last night, and that was before the party.”

            “He’s fine,” Griffin assured her.

            “Wyatt or Angelica probably took him this morning,” Lucian added.

            “I’m sure you’re right, but I still want to see him,” Fallon said.

            “All right, we’ll see you downstairs in a little bit,” Lucian said.

            Fallon raised her eyebrows when they moved to kiss either side of her cheek, but she didn’t question what they intended to do. Both men watched without blinking as she dried and then brushed her hair before she brushed her teeth. Leaving them to whatever they planned, she dressed in a pair of jeans and a red sweater before pulling on a pair of boots.

            Given how late in the morning it was, it didn’t surprise Fallon to find the nursery empty. What did surprise her was the scene in the dining room. Simeon and Wyatt sat at the table having breakfast with Daphne. While that was unremarkable, Daphne’s usual stunning appearance was perplexing. After the way Seth treated her last night, Fallon would’ve expected her to show some visible signs of the battle, but she looked as beautiful as ever.