Chapter 39

Derek's pov~

"So your a fish with powers" I asked. Her face went serious then she chucked a pillow at me.

"I am not a fish" she yelled

"Well technically you are, Jess you have a tail and swim in the ocean that's a fish" I stated

"Oh shut up" she sighed. I laughed a bit before getting up from the ground and jumping on her. "Do you always have to do this" she said from under neath me.

"Yes you kept this secret from me" I pointed out

"Get off" she said.

"Nope" I said back. She started breathing really heavy and then I started floating off of her. "Jess what's happening" I asked floating above her

"I got worried so I used my powers" she said

"Can you put me down" I asked. She nodded before I dropped from the air landing on the hard ground.

"Oops" she spit out between her laughs

"You think that's funny" I asked her standing up

"Just a bit" she said still laughing. Jess dropped to her knees and held her stomach probably from laughing so much.

"Wanna play a game" I asked

"What game" she asked back finally stopping her laughing!

"Hide and seek in the dark we can invite everyone over" I suggested

"Yes that would be so much fun" she squeeled.

Jessica's pov~

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and texted liv, Jace, Reece, my brothers friends, Jonah, and some of my girl friends.

"K they'll be here soon" I said jumping out his window. Derek and I waited for everyone to show up sitting on his front lawn. When the cars pulled up we headed out back and decided it would be hide and seek tag. So childish but who gives a damn! Jace and Derek decided to count first so everyone chose one person to stick with. At the moment me and liv are hiding up in a tree. I reminded her that she had to be super quiet because of there hearing, I thought we were in the clear until I heard a twig snap beneath me. I looked down to see Jace and Derek walking with jaces phone out. They clicked the screen then I heard livs phone go off. She pulled it out and I grabbed it throwing it far into the tress. She was going to say something but I slapped my hand over her mouth and pointed down. Liv took a good look and so did I.

"THERE UP THERE" Jace yelled. I began to panic and then me and liv were floating through the air silently. As they climbed the tree we floated away peacefully. I landed us on the ground a ways away and we ran until we found the perfect spot. We both climbed to the roof of the shed and laid on our stomachs watching over the edge to make sure no one was coming. I felt someone grab my ankle and I thought we were goners until I turned around to see the girls from school. They climbed up and I told them to keep quiet. So now there is four teen age girls laying on a small shed roof.

"We're us everyone" Derek asked walking by

"I don't know" Jace said. They stopped when the roof cracked beneath us. It only took seconds for the roof to collapse except I used my powers to catch only me and liv. I lowered us to the ground after the boys tagged the other girls so we didn't have to be it. So right now liv and I are running and have no idea where to hide!! Derek and Jace ran up to us and I had a perfect idea.

"Derek say something to make me happy" I told him

"Like what" he asked

"I don't know just something" I said. He walked in super close and brought his lips up to mine he kissed them before moving to my ear.

"I love you" he whispered, just as he did that the short green grass that we were standing on grew tall and was now covering us from the seekers. "What was that" he asked

"Happiness triggers earth"