Chapter 3

"We're leaving," Tristan commanded. He reached for my arm, but I leaned away from his grasp.

"How did you find me?" I managed to get out.

"It's quite obvious when you break down a bathroom door and see an open window and look down to see an annoying girl climb into a car and drive away at 35 miles per hour," he said boredly.

I glared at him and cursed at Barny and his slow driving skills.

"Well, I'm staying here and that's that," I stated.

Tristan narrowed his eyes at me. "I'm already tired of bickering with you. Let's just go already. It's getting really weird with all these people staring at me."

It was true. Every single female in the cafe was ogling at him. Married women included. Their eyes looked as if they would pop out of their heads. He looked rather out of place in his stupid designer suit.

I scoffed. "Suit yourself. You can leave and I'll stay. I'm rather enjoying my chat with Owen here." I turned away from him and folded my arms across my chest.

"Will you stop being so difficult and come along nicely?" Trhistan growled in a low voice as he leaned next to my ear. His hot breath blew against my ear, and shivers went up and down my spine despite the warm cafe, but I ignored it.

"You'll have to make me," I said.

"I'll toss you over my shoulder and haul you out if that's what it takes," he threatened. 

That brought me to my attention. "You wouldn't do that," I said laughing nervously. "It'll make a scene and you wouldn't want ruin your reputation!"

But the look on his face had me thinking otherwise.

"Lo lo farò e fareste meglio a crederci." he said, his gray eyes darkening in anger and impatience.

Whatever it meant, I was sure he meant business, so I reluctantly stood up out of my chair and sadly bid Owen goodbye.

I guess he didn't hear me because he was just too busy glaring at Tristan who smirked right back at him looking victorious.

"Let's go," I muttered pushing him out the door. 

A little old lady turned to look at us, and commented, "Aw look, sweetie. Your man was just jealous of you being with another man. You're lucky to have such a man!" Then, she walked away to order somthing. 

My face turned beet red, and Tristan stared at her back, open mouthed. That lady was delusional. Did she not see the mutual hatred?

Tristan briskly walked out of the cafe, and I'm sure about 75% of the females in the cafe sighed in disappointment. I rolled my eyes. If only they knew.

I followed him to his car, and I decided to walk a few paces behind him. I didn't want to be near him anyways.

He didn't look back once, and began to walk down the sidewalk to where his car was parked. Well, I wasn't going down without a fight. Even if I couldn't win by force, I was still a sneaky girl.

There were many little shops lined up next to each other. Between two of them was a thin and dark alleyway. It was dark, and I'd never been there, but too much pride clouded my mind and I quietly slipped away.

I walked as quietly as I could down the alleyway feeling confident and satisfied that I'd once again tricked Tristan Valente.

In the alleyway, I wrinkled my nose at the stench, and walked more. There were twists and turns and forks in the alleyway. It was literally a maze. I didn't even think about where I was heading.