Chapter 17

Ugh I've deleted and rewritten this chapter too many times to count. I just couldn't make it right after sooooooo many weeks (and it still isn't). So, I'm sorry for the late and and disappointing chapter :'(.

I was ushered into the changing room by Clara. (her name was on a little name tag) She flashed a smile at me and offered me a dress to put on. Just by looking at it, I cringed away. There was only one word to describe it.

Big.

The dress was so froofy and just big in general, I was ninety percent sure this was made for Honey Boo Boo instead of me. If I wore it, I was sure I'd be able to blend into Toddlers in Tiaras. There was so much tulle that Clara was literally swamped by the dress she was holding up.

It had so many beads and put a ballerina's tutu to shame with the amount of tulle. There definitely was a sweetheart neckline, and the corset was there, just like my mother had asked for.

Heaving an exaggerated sigh, I turned my nose up in contempt. Trying to act impressed, I tried to display my teeth in hope of forming a smile. "It looks sooooo promising," I said.

Clara must have either been dumb or I was a really good actor because she enthusiastically agreed to help me put it on. It was probably the former.

I was nearly killed in the horrible attempt of forcing the dress over me. After that experience was over, I was greeted with the even more infuriating problem of tying all the strings on the corset.  It was torturous and I silently pitied the women from the past that thad to endure the experience every single day. 

Clara flapped her mouth and it just wouldn't shut. She recounted all of  her life experiences and by the time she finished lacing up my dress, I could tell you all about her life in college.

I was escorted out to where my mother was waiting, and remembering my earlier promise to make this appointment as bad as possible, I walked out to her with as much sway in my hips as possible, and raised my arms in the air, yelling, "HERE COMES HONEY BOO BOO CHILD!"

One of my mother's eyes twitched and I secretly applauded myself. 

Sashaying to the front of the mirror, I pouted my lips and posed. I readjusted my boobs, trying to push them out more. I twirled around and rotated my hips. Adopting a British accent, I put my hands on my hips and said, "Oh mother! What a daaaaling dress. It absolutely suits me don't you think?"

I turned around, only to see Tristan Valente standing right behind me. Stumbling back, I tripped and fell backwards into a storm of tulle. 

Sitting up slowly, I rubbed my head and winced. "Ouch," I grimaced. 

He offered his hand to me and I turned away, getting up by myself. 

"Why is he here?" I groaned. 

"Ouch," Tristan mocked. Rolling my eyes, I ignored him and turned to my mother, waiting for answers. I'd just made a fool out of myself in front of him and for some reason, I was completely embarrassed.

Embarrassed? What? Why should I be? I wasn't trying to impress anyone. I must be tired lately. All of this wedding stuff was getting to my head. 

"Tristan is here to help decide on your dress. As well as his entourage that he insisted bringing along," my mother explained. She motioned to the "entourage". 

Sitting there were Aceline and Franco.

I reached my arms out towards Aceline and she bounced up to hug me, once again causing me to fall over. Franco and Tristan each took a glass of champagne from Clara and winked at her. She blushed furiously and I wanted nothing more at that moment to pull out all her hair and knock out all her sparkly white teeth.

What?

-

After three long hours, I'd finally been able to purchase a dress that my mother and I both agreed on. Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad. It certainly wasn't my favorite, but it definitely wasn't the worst one on the racks.

Having Tristan there didn't help at all. It was so embarrassing to walk around in a wedding dress in front of him as I modeled for my mother.

"Isn't the groom not supposed to see the bride in her dress? It'll bring bad luck won't it?" I'd asked her.

"Nonsense," my mother had hmphed. "That's just a silly legend."

At that, Aceline smiled secretively to herself like she was hiding a secret.