Chapter 11

I whirled around in alarm.

Or tried to.

Whoever was behind me had held me in their steel grip and I was unable to twist around to see who it was. I opened my mouth to scream, but whoever was behind me expected that, and clapped a hand firmly against my mouth. 

I squirmed around, and remembered a vague classic self defense for girls. As hard as I could, I brought my foot back and prayed that I wouldn't miss. I felt my foot hit something and I was rewarded with a satisfyingly painful grunt from whoever it was.

Probably he/but could be she released me, and this time I was able to whirl around in alarm while shreiking, "RAPE!"

And once I took a look at the attcker, relief swept over me. But it made me a bit mad. What joke was he playing at? And somewhere... deep deep deep down... I felt a bit, happy? pfft. That was funny.

"Tristan," I groaned. "Why are you here? And why were you trying to freaking physical assult me?"

He let out a small laugh, which was quickly repleaced with another grunt of pain. "Jesus, woman you kick hard."

I raised an eyebrow, proud, yet annoyed my question was left unanswered. "So?..." I hinted I wanted him to answer.

He sighed and sat down slowly, using a pole to support his back. "Just to clear things off, I'm not trying to assult you. I just wanted to spook you a bit."

I punched him, but it was like punching a ton of bricks. He seemed to have no pain, whereas I quickly withdrew my hand to nurse it. "That wasn't funny," I grumbled. "I really thought you were some kind of kidnapper."

I sat down next to him and tossed my heels away, grumbling and complaining about both him and the shoes at the same time. "Stupid shoes, stupid rapist, stupid heels, stupid people, stupid me, stupid stupid stupid party."

Tristan chuckled and ruffled my hair, causing another complaint to spew out of my mouth. "You're too cute," he mumbled so quietly the music from the party almost drowned him out.

But I heard him. Oh, I definately heard him.

"Uh," I said awkwardly. "Sooo, where did Aceline go?"

"I'm not sure," Tristan said nonchalantly. "Do you know where Markus went?"

"No?" I replied.

"Well, put two and two together, and ding ding ding! I'm sure you can figure out the rest, Lovette," he said with a sly smile. 

Wrinkling my nose, I said, "Ew, no way! Aceline told me not to tell Markus where she was."

"Lovette, Markus is a man of power, and he always gets what he wants. And I suppose he wanted to find Aceline somehow, and he did," Tristan answered. After a few moments, he added, smirking arrogantly might I add, "And I always get what I want, too."

We fell into a comfortable silence after that, and it was rather calming. A small fluttery feeling danced in my  chest, and I ignored it. However, I suddenly thought of Aceline.

"Oh my bajeezers," I suddenly panicked. "What if Aceline is in danger?" I quickly rose to retrieve my shoes to look for her when Tristan groaned and pulled my arm down towards him and I landed between his legs.

"Don't worry about them," he whispered. "Just stay here and be quiet."

I tensed up uncomfortbly. Well, this was weird.  

"Amore, smettere di preoccuparsi, essere tranquilla, e calmarsi," Tristan mumbled. He then circled his arms around my waist and pulled me in. He placed a soft kiss on my neck and I relaxed. My face heated up, and I was glad he couldn't see my face.