:12:

Another lifetime - Nao

3rd person POV

That night Aubrey cried  himself to sleep after he went to see the house Marcey had made for him . He saw the details and the thought she put into the house . The moment he broke down was when he saw her picture. He held it in his arms and slowly cried until he fell asleep .

His POV

I received another letter .  I quickly opened it and my heart was torn to shreds again.

I'm on my second to last trip on this adventure to forget you . It's not working. I just started to hate you . I hate the fact that you could hurt me so much and not care at all. I would cry silently next to you while you slept . I cried when you weren't home . I cried the days you we're supposed to be there for me . I cried the days you told me things that hurt. I cried constantly cause of you during our marriage.  All I wanted was  for you to come home . I just wanted to lay in your arms and lay there until I fell asleep . I just wanted to love you like a wife would. I just wanted to love you . But you decided that it wasn't important to you . A ring and 2 words destroyed everything.
Our wedding was a mistake . When you said
" I do" you lied to my face . You made me think that you loved me . I didn't care about a stupid ring I just wanted you . Mind ,body, and soul.  I didn't care if we weren't married . I just wanted you .

You can lie to yourself all you want , but once you lose the one thing in your life that made it just a little better you'll lose it . You'll go insane .  Sanity is not part of you . Mild or full blown insanity takes over . You try to numb it and forget about it. But there's always that little voice in the back of your mind constantly reminding you of the biggest most tragic mistake of your life forever .

Her POV

I've returned back from a long trip 5 days ago . I'm currently in my cabin in Ontario. I come here to forget about life for a second . I sit and relax taking in the quiet and serene sight . I didn't tell anyone about my arrival. I  just didn't want to have all the press head my way . It finally hit the news after 6 months the divorce finally made it all over the tabloids and the internet.

Thank god for hats and glasses. That paparazzi would've been vicious.

It is now 12am . The back of the truck should be packed already. It's time to go back into the city . I would be a coward if I never showed my face back there .

Every body has to face their demons .

10:34 a.m.

Finally at my apartment after a long trip . It took longer than expected only cause of the rain and the slippery roads . I wanted to be extra careful and drive safely.

I unlocked the door and opened it revealing a worried and restless Aubrey on my couch .

3rd person POV

His eyes that haven't shut in days opened in seconds once he heard the door open . She couldn't believe her eyes .

He was right there .

His eyes filled with tears when he saw her. She had dyed her beautiful luscious brown hair with some more chocolate highlights for dimension . She was never the one to change her look drastically. To Aubrey she was perfect in every way humanly possible.  Her luminous brown eyes is what made him fall for her over and over and over again ,

When he saw her it felt as if his heart grew a million times larger . He felt her warmth fill the room . He hadn't seen her in so long that it felt as if he was deprived of her . Her hands  and her lips hadn't touched him in so long that it felt as if it was an impulse to run to her and hold her and kiss her .

His body was frozen in the moment. Tears just clouded his eyes as he looked at her standing there . He missed her so much that he had so many restless nights . Every possible memory he could remember he revisited just to keep his sanity .

She took a deep breath and exhaled before speaking.

"Hello Aubrey ." She said with a soft smile adorning her face .

All he could do was give her the smile he could at the moment. It was a half smile filled with so many emotions that couldn't be shown at the moment. 

Just a simple half smile .

A half smile that had so much meaning behind it .

"Where have you been ?" He said. He put his head down trying to hide the tears .

She walked in and walked over to where he was at .

"Traveling the world ." Was all she could say at the moment.

"Every place we shared a memory . Huh? " He said softly.

She nodded to his response .

She pulled her backpack off of her shoulder and went through it until she came across The Box.  She pulled it out and set it down next to him .

"This is for you ." She said.

The box was a blue wrapped gift box . A huge royal blue bow adorned it . He looked up at her .

"Thank you ." He said and smiled at her .

He gasped .

He opened it only to reveal a white gold necklace with the deepest royal blue sapphire in the middle . White diamonds surrounded it . His eyes were in awe .  He couldn't believe of the beauty that rested in his hands .

"It's gorgeous." He said as he smiled at the blindingly stunning necklace.

"Why did you get it for me ?" He questioned her .

"During the trip I found out that nothing on this earth could take away our memories. I remembered one night in Italy you saw this bright blue stone . Oh you were in love with it . I swear I couldn't get you to stop looking at it . You were so drunk that you talked about it all night . Even though you were drunk you were just so fascinated. You said it reminded you of the heart of the ocean from the titanic . I remember you saying it's beauty was just one of the qualities it had similar to the brightness of life ." She said as she chuckled at the memory .

"I've always loved the way you talked about life  . It made it a little less scary to me ." She said . She looked at him and smiled .

"I should go." He said . His head went down .

The room fell silent .

Marcey sighed .

"See you around ." Marcey said before he walked out the door .

And just like that Aubrey made the situation awkward.