:22:

Aubrey's POV

It's been days since I have gone out . The thought of getting out there in the real world was getting dreadful.  Losing 40 was like losing a huge chunk of my life ,memories, and a buddy . He was basically the genius behind my music . 

I sat in my room chair staring out the window day in and day out . I no longer have an appetite.  My face looked kind of slim last time I saw myself in the mirror.

I haven't really had any motivation lately. I've tried going into the studio .But it's so hard knowing 40 isn't going to be on the other side of the glass cheering me on .

I just have to keep reminding myself that everything will be alright .

I heard my door crack open .  I didn't bother to turn around. It was probably my mother telling me to eat for the hundredth time today . It's 2 in the morning and I'm the reason she's awake.

"Go to sleep ma ." I said .

Before I knew it two arms wrapped around me from behind.  A kiss was planted on my cheek .

"Marcey ." I said letting out a sight of relief.

" I couldn't let my favorite boy alone during times like this ." She said in a soft gentle voice that brought me immediate peace .

She walked around and stood in front of me . I quickly looked away .

She grabbed my face gently making me face her .

"It's all gonna be alright ." She said with a soft smile adorning her face .

Before walking away she kissed my forehead.

"Come to the bathroom in a little bit sweetheart . You need a well deserved bath ." She said .

I heard the tub start running . I didn't care if Marcey was here I just needed a reason to get out of this slump .

"Aubrey come on !" She shouted from the restroom.

I got up and walked into the bathroom. She had changed into one of my t shirts which fit her big like a dress almost. Her hair was tied up . The ever so subtle baby hairs framing her face . I couldn't deny she looked gorgeous. Old country played in the background. I took off my robe and got in the tub .

"Now lay back and relax ." She said .

She sat  on a stool behind me and started giving me a shoulder massage. For a second I felt the stress leave my body . 

"So how have you been Aubrey?" She asked .

"Probably the worst since the day my grandma died ." I replied .

She grabbed the sponge and began scrubbing my body .  As she dragged the sponge down my chest I pulled her hand up and kissed it .

"Thank you for this ." I said .

"Don't worry about it I'm just trying to comfort an old friend." She chuckled.

"Old friend?! Honey I was your husband . You were my wife ." We both bursted into laughter.

"Well that didn't seem to last long did it . Dickhead." She pushed my head playfully.

"Oh don't start I'll throw water at you ." I threatened her .

"As if ." She said .

"Oh come on Marcey you know even with the obstacles you're my only safe haven . And for that I'll always love you ."I kissed the top of her hand .

"You know you can be a real gentleman when you want to. Other days your just a dick ." She smacked the back of my head . I winced in pain .

"Oh you're dead sweetheart." I said right before pulling her into the bathtub with me . She Screamed in frustration.

She wiped the water off of her face and sat in front of me giving me a death stare . An evil grin appeared on my face .

"I try to be nice and this is how I get repaid. I should've sued you for half of your money in court ." She joked .

She slipped off the shirt she was wearing and she was left in her lingerie.

I pulled her from where she was at and sat her on my lap . Her arms wrapped around my neck . A Sade song began to play setting the mood .

I reached my hands under the water and pulled off her panties and threw them out . My hands trailed up her tan body . I began kissing her chest all up to her neck . With one hand I Unclipped her bra and threw it on the floor .

I grabbed her face and began kissing her gently. I was surprised that she even let me get this far considering everything between us .

"Sometimes I ask myself why I ever left you . Moments like this make me wish I never did ." I whispered into her ear sending shivers down her spine .

She placed her hands on each side of my face and gave me a look of pure seduction. I was dying just to have another taste of her . It's been so long .

" looking at me like that is going to get you in trouble." I said to her as she caressed my face .

I admired her face . Wet hair covered it so I carefully pushed it behind her ear .

"It's been a while Aubrey." She whispered into my ear causing me to hitch my breath .

I was not ready to sleep with her . I couldn't do that to her knowing she did all of this out the kindness of her heart and I'm just using this as a distraction.

So just for tonight I sat wrapping my arms around the woman I once loved more than anything.