Chapter 18

MDA: Ch. 18

CLARISSA'S POV

Dad's eyes flicker up to me and Lionel, nodding his head to the only available seats. I lead Lionel to the couch, eyeing the letter like it's going to jump out at me. This can not be good...

"We got another letter." Dad mutters, stating the obvious. I nod my head absentmindedly, my eyes never drifting away from the shining piece of paper.

"What does it say?" I question quietly, not wanting to raise my voice as if I'm going to disturb the silence. Dad's eyes snap to Lionel, narrowing slightly. I gulp. Please don't say anything about Lionel on there...

"Have you explained to the boy what's happening?" Dad asks in return, refusing to call Lionel by his name. He's 18, he's not even classified as a boy anymore! He's a mature adult and a fine one at that.

I timidly shake my head at dads question, switching my eyes to the floor. I didn't want to tell him because he's gonna be scared. We all were when we first found out, even if dad and my brothers didn't want to admit it.

Mum quickly fills him in, much to my shock and horror, "Starting last week, we've been receiving letters threatening us. They've become more frequent lately, but every letter has somehow evolved around Clarissa and myself. We don't know who's sending them or why, but we plan to find out."

I look to Lionel worried, is he gonna freak? If he freaks out and runs away I'm going to kill my mum for opening her mouth. To my surprise, Lionel doesn't run away or even freak out. His eyes look a little worried, but apart from that, he's perfectly calm.

"Who have the letters been addressed to?" He asks, leaning forward in the chair and resting his elbows on his knees to intwine his fingers together. He looks... curious almost.

"They're addressed to me, but they never leave a name at the end." Mum informs him, eyeing him with as much curiousity as he's eyeing her. I can't blame her. After all, Lionel is taking this very well.

"This one's different, however." Dad pipes up, holding the letter in his hands, his eyes skimming over the words. I don't have to ask what it says because dad starts to read:

"Dear Celina Heart,

I see your daughter has her mate back. Good for her, but bad for you. Have you ever heard of a Coloured Wolf named Alistair? Familiar? I hope it is. If you want an explanation, go to the south boarder and find the golden envelope. Remember to keep your daughter close to you, after all, the sweetest of smiles of the darkest of secrets. Use that head of yours, Celina Heart, think. You know what it means."

I feel Lionel tense beside me, so I quickly grab his hand and squeeze. We're in this together now and nothing is going to keep us from being together. Not now and not ever. We've already been down that road and it didn't end well, for either of us.

"Who's Alistair?" Jett asks, looking just as tense as Lionel. Come to think of it, everyone's tense. Mum's the most tense though, which is strange because she's never tense. She's always the one that shines some light on situations like this, the one that acts rationally when we can't.

"He was the king and queen's advisor. If you get the chance to read the book, it will explain that Alistair betrayed the Shaded Wolves all those years ago. He went against the king and queen and took them down with the help of Coloured Wolves and rouges. From what I know, he didn't have a mate and he didn't have any descendants. I could be wrong though." Mum explains, running a hand through her black hair. Even in times like these, I still ponder over the fact how mum got black hair and dad got white. It's just so peculiar... I'm glad I got white hair and my brothers got black, we suit the colour.