Chapter 11

MDA: Ch. 11

JETT'S POV

I stagger back at the sight of the lone tear sliding down Clarissa's cheek. Her glistening, swirling gold eyes glance at me as I stare back at her pained. It's been nine years since I've seen Clarissa cry and it breaks my heart. She's supposed to be my strong baby sister and I'm the one that's broken her.

She closes the door to her room, the lock being put in place.

I lean against the wall and run a hand through my hair. I am such a prick. She's right when she was yelling at dad, we didn't even give Lionel a chance. He could have a decent reason for being a rouge. Or maybe he's just as bad as I think he is.

I look at Dylan to see him still staring at the door with a pained look. He looks like he's lost the most important thing in his life. His baby sister.

'You ok man?' I ask through the mind link, sounding like a broken man myself. Damn her for being such a big part of our lives.

Dylan doesn't even twitch his eyes from Clarissa's door when he answers, 'No.'

"I don't believe we just did that." I hear mum mummer quietly. I watch as she slides down the wall to the floor next to Clarissa's door. Dylan takes a seat next to her, finally ripping his gaze away from the door to engulf our mum in a hug.

"Serves her right." Dad growls, his hands bawling into fists. I snap my eyes to him and growl threateningly. He spins around to face me as I pull myself up to my full height, which is about his own height. How dare he say that! We weren't even trying!

"What do you mean 'serves her right'? She was trying to introduce us to her mate and we acted like total pricks!" I yell in anger, completely forgetting about my baby sister being in only the next room trying to sleep. Albeit, trying to fall asleep probably laying next to a rouge.

"She introduced us all right! To a rouge who's rude, arrogant and has no respect!" Dad booms, making me take a step back. I may be future alpha, but he's still alpha and I can't go against his word.

"Why do you think you were so cautious around him? Huh Jett? Why were we all so cautious around him? We know he's dangerous and all he's gonna do is drive Clarissa's heart straight into the ground. He's no good that boy and I'm gonna find out why." Dad growls, ending the conversation then and there by walking away. I watch his back, wondering if what he's said is right.

"Your father's a bit irritated boys, don't pay him any mind. I'll have a talk with Clarissa and him tomorrow. For now, we all need some sleep." Mum mumbles to us, already half asleep on Dylan's shoulder. Mind you, Dylan's practically snoring and drooling all over mum's hair.

I roll my eyes as mum holds up her arms for me to pick her up. I do as I'm gestured and gather her into my arms bridal style. I really do love my mum... I don't blame her for being childish every now and then because she never really had a childhood.

"Just remember who changed your diapers young man, then you won't be complaining about carrying little old me." Mum mutters sleepily before completely falling asleep. I chuckle lightly at her words. Mum can somehow always bring up the bad mood, even in the worst of situations.

I kick Dylan hard in his side, making him jump awake and actually stand to attention. He glances from me to mum to Clarissa's bedroom door.

"Think Lis will be ok with him tonight?" Dylan asks quietly, staring at the door once again. I shrug.

"We have no choice, she's locked the door. I don't care if he's Clarissa's mate or not, I still don't trust him." I grit out, tightening my arms around mum. Dylan nods before heading to his room while I head to mum's.