Chapter 6

MDA: Ch. 6

CLARISSA'S POV

I run through the woods at a speed where everything around me is a blur. The green of the trees, the brown of the dirt and the sounds surrounding me all dissolve into nothing as I just continue to run. I run like I don't exist in this world because at this present moment, I really wish I didn't.

Everything is just going wrong. Our family has been threatened for the first time in 14 years! There can't possibly be a connection to what happened 14 years ago because we've already terminated mum's old pack. She doesn't really like to talk about them, but when we ask, she tells. Same with dad. He doesn't like to talk about his never-ending life, but if we ask, he tells.

I eventually slow down once I reach the boarder of our territory. I pace at the invisible line, shaking my huge wolf head. What am I doing? I'm probably scaring my family half to death. They're probably out looking for me right now! With this new threat, I wouldn't be surprised.

I huff and settle myself down on the dirt floor, resting my head on my paws and staring out into the distance of the unknown. I've always wondered what was beyond the boarders. Sure, there are other packs, but what else? Are there hunters? Is there a lot of rouges? Mum and dad haven't sheltered us three or anything, but they've never let us explore. Jett and Dylan are fine with not knowing, but I'm not.

The only thing worse than knowing, is not knowing.

Mum knows about the unknown, she knows a lot about it actually. Every time I ask though, she just shuts down and changes the subject. I even tried asking dad once when I was little, but he practically flipped out and destroyed his office. Mum came running in and shoved me out the door then locked it. They didn't come out of the room for two days. I never asked again after that.

I can't help being the curious mind I am. I just have so many expectations of me in school and in the pack that I just want to get away and discover a world where no one has any expectations of me. Where no one knows my name. Where no one knows anything about me. Of course, that won't happen though. It's as if everyone in the world knows who I am and I can't help that.

'Clarissa, please answer me! Where are you? We're worried sick!' Dad's frantic voice sounds in my head. I close my eyes.

'Dad, leave me alone.' I whisper before blocking my mind from him and the rest of my family. I feel them pounding to get in, but I just zone out and continue to stare out pass the boarder. I lay myself down on the dirt covered ground and rest my head in my paws. I just want to be alone.

I don't really know how long I lay here for, but thunder starts to fill the sky and drops of rain trickle from dark clouds. Soon enough, it's a complete downpour. My coat becomes heavy, so I shift back to my human form and head underneath to a tree. Dad makes sure that most trees have some sort of clothing in them, so I'm not surprised when I pull out some boxer shorts, a men's shirt and blanket.

I quickly pulled them on and wrapped the blanket around me. In seconds, they're soaked through, but I'm numb. I'm numb from emotion and numb from the sudden threat that has been thrust upon us. I don't know if I'm over reacting or if I'm acting normal, but one thing I do know is that I'm cold and alone. Funny thing is, I'm ok with it. I don't have my family surrounding me with worried and gloomy looks. Instead, I'm surrounded by pouring rain bordering on hail and nothing else, just the tranquility of rain and nature.

"Clarissa!"

I snap my head up and squint my eyes to look through the rain. I swear I just heard my name. When I hear and see nothing else, I tuck my head back in my knees.

"Clarissa!"

Ok, I'm not crazy. I lift my head back up just as I see a faint outline of a person through the rain. Who is that?