Chapter 15

MDA: Ch. 15

UNKNOWN'S POV

I tap my desk anxiously, staring at the golden envelope that is sat on top of it. It looks the same as all the other letters, there's nothing different about it. Only problem is, the messenger bleed to death yesterday because my boss was a tad bit angry. So, since the messenger can't deliver it, I have to. As my boss believes that "you can't send a human to do a wolf's job".

I sigh and run my hands down my face, peeking through my fingers. The earlier attack today was supposed to be a distraction so that we could get into the house. Unfortunately, when the messenger tried to get in, everything was locked and locked tight.

I stand up and grip the letter tight in my hand. I march my way to my bosses office and knock forcefully three times. He yells for me to enter, so I do with determined strides. If he wants me to deliver this message, he's gonna have to find someone else as his second man.

I throw the letter down on his desk and stand there with my fists clenched. He doesn't even look up at me.

"I'm not delivering that letter." I ground out, ignoring the discomfort in my chest. I don't know why, but whenever something happens to her, I get this pain in my chest. It's quiet annoying really.

"You will deliver the letter to the Night family or I'm going to resolve to killing you." My boss says calmly, scribbling his name on some document. I slam my fist down on his desk in anger. He's gonna kill me over a stupid letter?

This time, my boss stops what he's doing and looks up at me with a deadly glare. I glare right back. He won't kill me, he wouldn't dare. I'm too valuable to him.

"I'm not going to deliver the letter and that's final!" I burst, all my built up anger over the pass couple days erupting. I've had a bad last two days, I'm not in the mood for this bullshit.

Leaving the letter on my bosses desk, I walk to the door and grip it tightly in my hand. I go to rip it open, but my bosses voice stops me, "What about Colette?"

I stiffen, freezing like liquid nitrogen. I whip around to glare at him, my wolf coming to the surface. I feel my eyes flicking to black and back as I try to rein him in. My boss smirks at me, obviously knowing he's hit a vulnerable point.

"You wouldn't want me killing little, innocent Colette, now would you?" My boss asks innocently, his evil smirk saying otherwise. "You know I will. I will make sure she has a slow and painful death and I'll make you watch. I want you to know it's your fault that she's dead because you couldn't do one little job for me."

I ground my teeth together and clench my fists so tight that my nails dig in and blood starts to leak out. That son of a bitch. I have no doubt that he'll do it, I just don't want to believe it.

"Fine, but I'm not your messenger boy. Get another human to do that for you." I snarl, snatching the letter off the desk and storming back out.

* * *

CLARISSA'S POV

*dream*

I cover my ears to shield them from the high pitched noise. What is that? I look around frantically, trying to spot anything or anyone to stop the noise. Then suddenly, it stops. I hesitantly uncover my ears and turn around in a circle. I'm in a forest, a dense one. I look up, trying to peer pass the canopy, but my eyes are only met by the leaves and branches.

"You sure have a tendency for getting in trouble, don't you Princess?" A dark voice claims. I spin around, but I'm met with a new landscape. This one looks... dead. It's barren, the earth black and the sky red. Yet, it looks familiar, like I've seen it somewhere before.