Chapter 13

MDA: Ch. 13

CLARISSA'S POV

I stare at the book unsurely. All of our questions? I have a lot of questions. What powers could we have? Why are we the last Shaded Wolves? Why is dad the Moon Goddess' son? What happens to us when mum goes? What happens to the werewolf world? Will a simple book really answer all of those questions and more?

"Before we get into that though," Mum quickly interrupts, standing up and gently taking the book from dad's hands, "we are going to discuss Lionel."

I stiffen as all eyes fall on me. I glare slightly at mum and run a hand through my hair. Did she have to bring this up? Now of all times? I sigh and sit back on the couch with my head in my hands, of course she did, she's my mum.

"Do we really have to talk?" I whisper. I lift my head to see everyone nod and exchange glances. It's like... I don't know. I'm hoping someone's opinion has changed since yesterday, but I doubt it. Gosh, yesterday. So much has happened since then, well... sort of.

"There's nothing to talk about though. You don't like him, I do. You don't approve of him, I do. It's simple really." I state, leaning back casually. I'm really freaking out here, but if my family is taking it easily, then I'm going to try to. Mum sighs and runs a hand through her hair.

"What are we going to do about that though, Clarissa? We can't just sit here knowing that you're still with him." Mum explains, coming to crouch in front of me. I guess her opinion of Lionel hasn't changed then...

"What do you want me to do? I can't sit here and not see him, he's my mate. How would you like to be kept away from dad against your own free will." I try to explain. Dad doesn't seem to like my explanation though because he growls and gathers mum in his arms.

"This is not about your mother and I, Clarissa. This is about you and that... boy." Dad spits, tightening his arms around mum. I close my eyes, saying nothing. Why can't he just say his name? It's not like it's a curse or anything. I honestly don't see the big deal! Lionel can earn their trust as they can earn his loyalty.

"Dad, she's right. You can't expect her to not see her mate." Jett speaks up, making me snap my eyes open and look at him in surprise. If anything, I would've expected Dylan to change his opinion, not Jett. Dad looks at Jett for a moment, the gears in his head turning. He eventually nods, making both Jett and me relax. Maybe he's finally coming to his senses.

"You're right, I can't expect Carissa to stay away from that boy." Dad finally says. I smile in relief at his words until he starts to stalk towards me. He grips me on both sides of my arms and hauls me up roughly, making me stand. I widen my eyes and stare at him in shock. His eyes are turning darker by the second and I can hear his heart start to race. I have no clue what he's going to do, but this is not the person who raised me. The person who raised me would not be doing this.

"Clarissa, I hereby forbid you to see or speak to Lionel ever again." Dad proclaims in his alpha voice, his eyes glowing the brightest of silver I've ever seen. As easy as the words left his mouth, everything around me starts to fall.

A piercing pain erupts in my chest almost immediately after dad announces those words. I gasp for breath and fall to the floor in pain. Tears prick at my eyes as I feel my heart constrict and my chest tighten. I grip my chest where my heart is, letting out loud whimpers as I try to claw through my shirt. It hurts! It hurts so bad!

"Axel!" I hear mum scream in anger, but I drown her out with my own cry of pain as my heart lurches. Is Lionel feeling this?

"You had no right!" Mum screams again, but I zone out the noise of the room after that. I don't notice Jett punch dad square in the jaw or Dylan shift into his wolf and pounce or even how mum crouches down and cradles my face in her hands. All I can hear is the heavy pounding of my heart, blood rushing through my ears and my wolf's howls reverberating around my head. The only thing that keeps me sane are the ice blue eyes that appear in my mind, as if they're trying comfort me.