Chapter 7

MDA: Ch. 7

CLARISSA'S POV

I wake up with a groan and a pounding headache between my eyes. My sheets are drenched in sweat and my stomach feels hollow. My eyes are itchy and throat feels extremely dry. I groan again. I'm sick.

It's hard for a werewolf to get sick, but when we do, it's brutal. Whatever manages to get pass our immune system has got to be something strong.

'Mum?' I croak through the mind link while trying and failing to push myself up into a sitting position. Not even five seconds after I mind linked her, mum bursts into the room, the door slamming against the wall. I wince at the sound and burying myself back into my sweaty covers. Gross.

"Oh, princess! How are you feeling?" Mum asks, walking up to the bed and placing her hand on my head.

"Like hell." I croak back, a cough escaping my throat. Mum sighs and sits down on a chair near my bed. I know she's about to go into what happened last night, so I prepare myself for her words. It's true that mum doesn't get angry most of the time, but I have a feeling that this is a touchy subject.

"Clarissa, you can't go gallivanting around the territory any more. It's dangerous. What you did last night was risky and uncalled for." Mum states firmly, locking her golden eyes on my own. I cough again while nodding my head. I honestly don't have the strength to argue with her right now.

"Clarissa, I'm serious. You can't go putting yourself in danger like that! You are an alpha wolf with royal blood in you! Do you not think that makes you a target?" Mum snaps at me, her eyes wide and eyebrows raised. I sigh and cover my eyes with my hand. There's the anger...

"Mum, I do understand. I'm sorry that I ran, but everything was just piling up and I needed to get away. I won't do it from now on, I promise." I say quietly, not removing my hand from my eyes. I hear mum sigh before her footsteps leaving the room.

I uncover my eyes and peer around. My room's pretty basic. It's got white walls with a few photos of us triplets and mum and dad as well as photos of me with the girls. I have a chair that mum was previously occupying, a desk, a couch and a walk in wardrobe. There's a door that leads to the bathroom, but that's about it. I've never really personalised my room before, never had the desire to.

I slowly get up from the bed, my feet coming into contact with the carpet. I weakly make my way towards the bathroom door. I push it open and make my way to the toilet. What? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. 

After finishing with my business, I brush my teeth and get back into bed. I start coughing violently when I lay down, so I rest my back against the headboard and close my eyes. This is going to be a long day.

* * *

UNKNOWN'S POV

Something's wrong. I can feel it. She's not ok. Is she hurt? This is all my fault! If I just didn't join this stupid thing, I wouldn't be in this mess! It would make my life a hell of a lot easier.

"Wait, you want me to give her the letter today?" The messenger asks, his eyes widening. I growl at him and stand up, slamming my hands on the desk.

"I'm in a bad mood today. I would suggest you do as you're told." I growl menacingly. The messenger shakily nods his head and bounds out the door like a scared puppy. I sigh and sit back in my chair, running a hand down my face.

What am I going to do?

* * *

CLARISSA'S POV

I'm woken up by a tapping on my window. I lazily rub my eyes and look up. Lionel stands there's with a worried look on his face. I gasp softly. How did he find out where I live? Better yet, how did he get pass all the patrols?