Chapter 9

~*(Era/Tri Diamond's pov.)*~

Sighing as I held Asriel in my arms as both Astra and Asriel rested on me. Both softly snoring/breathing to a deep slumber. The children, parents, and other diamonds talking as they prattle on about my story. The children talking about how they will stay true to themselves, the adults wondering about the story, and the diamonds chattering among themselves. 

Ignoring them for now do I look to the children by me. I gaze softening as both just hugged me more and smiled in there sleep. Then I felt a presence settling down near me. Looking up to see it was Nightmare. He looked so lost, so....uncertain. 

"Is something, wrong?"

"Just.......I never been near children without them running from me."

"Hmm."

I decided to do something risky. I put Asriel into Nightmare's hold. Nightmare stiffened when he held Asriel while Asriel just snuggled up to him. Smiling at this I pet Asriel's. He relaxed as I put Astra into my lap as I hummed a soft lullaby I learned form the Chara's. 

Nightmare slowly put his arms around Asriel while looking down in awe that someone was not likely running away. I decided to take a step further. Now that I can touch someone without crashing or even feeling hurt from it I decided to place my head in Nightmare's shoulder. 

I felt as he stiffened as he held Asriel. Feeling his gaze I ignored it as I continued to hum. 

Then I felt his arm around my waist. I jolt abit in surprise but ultimately felt myself relax as I felt his negative aura. It was a small amount but ultimately it relaxed me. Nightmare always did make me feel safe from the world. 

I felt myself grow sleepy as I clutched Astra to me. I felt at peace for a long time. It felt right to be here by his side as I nuzzled abit into his shoulder. His hold tightened as sleep claimed me. 

{Okay, far warning, this may get dark, so be warned. This may contain some things that may trigger people, so please, if you rage to me about this, I will report you.}

~*(Astra's pov.)*~

[Sequence.........Memories loaded.

Subject: Astra{Defective Pearl}

Age: Unknown

Start?

Yes_✔]

"You useless brat!!!"

She cringed as she felt her body get cut from blades that her mother summoned. Her 'Mother' could summon daggers and were incredible sharp. She knew as she was on the receiving end. 

"Why can't you be useful, you complete piece of shit!!!!"

She curled into herself as her mother raged at her for her uselessness. She was learning the art of dancing but she disliked it. She didn't want to dance, she wanted to sew, knit, to learn the art of embroidery. But her mother found it wasteful, distracting, even revolting. 

Tears gathered in her eyes as she listened to her mother completely throw her down. She hated it. She wanted to make her proud of her, she wanted her love again, but ever since Father walked out on them for a mistress, her Mother turned for the worst. 

She felt her Soul crack as her mind spiraled down to a dark abyss. 

She wanted out.