43| mark

SAM

"COME ON, WAKE up," I hear Maddie urge, peppering kisses all over my jaw and neck.

Sighing a little, I don't open my eyes and just tilt my head back, my arms coming around to pull her tightly to me when she keeps kissing l me.

"Sam, you have to wake up." She giggles a little, the sound making me smile softly, and I shake my head.

"Bubba, we have school," she murmurs into my neck, her soft lips skimming over the sensitive skin of my collarbone and making me squeeze her hips.

"Sam, out of bed, seriously-" her voice suddenly turns harsh, and I open my eyes, glancing at her.

Instead of being tucked to my side, she's at the end of my bed, peeved look on her face.

"Dude, it's been like ten minutes. I don't care what you were dreaming about but it couldn't have been that good."

Pushing myself up on my elbows, I squint at her, before glancing at the space in my bed where I swear she was just laying.

"Weren't you just next to me?" I mumble, my voice gravelly from sleep, and she shakes her head.

"I've been up for an hour, I made muffins with the kids while your parents went to work and dropped Rory off at daycare. I gave you extra time to sleep but apparently that wasn't enough cause you do not wake up, it's so annoying," she snips, walking around the bed till she's at my side, pulling me up.

I have lots of dreams, Maddie does tend to show up in most, but there's no way that was a dream. That was so realistic.

And probably the best way I've been woken up in a long time.

I grab her arm and tug her down until she falls down beside me, groaning loudly.

"Listen, I'm already pissed enough that you can't be woken up, I'm not in the mood to cuddle right now." She shifts, elbowing me in the side, and I roll my eyes.

Putting my arms around her waist and burying my face in her shoulder, I kiss whatever I can find.

"You seem tense," I say quietly, kissing her neck like I know she loves, and she practically melts.

"No, I'm fine," she says, even though she slides her fingers into my hair, her body molding to mine.

"What are the kids doing?"

"Watching a movie," she tilts her head back, sighing deeply, and I nod.

"I think they'll be fine for five minutes." I decide, nudging her chin up even higher and kissing a line up her neck until I reach her lips.

"Maybe like two, I don't like leaving them alone, they're too little."

"Deal," I peck her lips, before going in for a longer kiss, rolling so I'm straddling her waist.

"I must like you a lot, considering the fact you haven't even brushed your teeth yet," she murmurs, leaving a trail of warm kisses down my neck.

"You must," I nod, pinning her hands above her head and stopping her from kissing me.

She grunts annoyedly, making me laugh, letting her go and sliding my hands under her shirt and resting them on her waist.

I feel goosebumps rise over her skin, and I laugh, but it's cut off when she pushes my shoulders, hard, and climbs on top of me.

"My turn." She can barely catch her breath, and I swear it's the sexiest thing I've ever seen.

Just as her lips are back on my skin, my fingers tangling in her messy hair, we're interrupted.