mini bonus chapter| attention

I DON'T KNOW what else I have to do to get Sam's attention, but I'm at a loss.

I've tried playing with his hair, kissing his cheeks, holding his hand, sitting in his lap, but nothing works, apparently he's distracted as hell.

"Put down one more fucking banana, Emmett, and I swear to God I'll smother you with a pillow," My boyfriend snaps, practically pushing my head out of the way so he can see the TV screen which they're playing Mario Cart on.

"Get over yourself, you're just look upset cause you can't get out of third place." Emmett snickers, neither of them noticing the annoyed look on my face.

"Why is your face like that?" Sam asks, barely glancing at me before getting back to the screen, cursing loudly when Winn passes him as well.

"You just shoved my head."

"Please don't put it in the screen, then, I don't know," he shrugs, sitting forward on the couch as if that's gonna help him get out of fourth.

"Ugh, you're no fun when you're being a sore loser," I groan, flopping myself across his lap, face down so he doesn't accidentally elbow my eye like he did earlier.

That was probably the most effective way to get him to take a break, seeing as he even put the controller down to check on me.

When he assessed there was no blood or bruises, he was back to it.

"Sam, it's time you choose. Girlfriend? Or finish the game and come in at a measly third place?" Lia says, sitting on the recliner with her four month old daughter on her chest.

"I can have both." He says stubbornly, making me grunt, rolling over to look at him.

It's an awkward angle, his knee is digging into my back and my head is almost hanging over the side of the couch, but I still manage to stare him down.

He bounces his leg, digging his knee farther into my back, and says, "Wait like two seconds, bubba,"

"You're hurting me."

"You're hurting my ears, we're both at a loss here." He says nonchalantly, scaring the shit out of me a second later when he jumps up, making me fall off the couch and onto the hardwood.

"Suck my ass!" He says excitedly, making Leo, who he just passed, chuck a pillow at him.

"I fucking hate you."

"You and me both," I agree, slapping the thing closest to me, which just happens to be his shin.

"Get off the floor, woman, I just won this shit show." He leans down, grabbing my arm and pulling me up, a proud grin on his face.

"You got second place and an extremely angry Maddie, you're the loser here," Parker comments, cuddling a sleepy baby Evan, very distracted with his dark curls.

"Nah, she's not mad." He says confidently, plopping down on the couch with me, but one glance at me makes his cocky look falter a little.

He just tilts his head, whispering, "You're mad, aren't you?"

"Livid." I whisper back, and he nods once, standing up off the couch.

"We're headed to bed, goodnight," he tugs me with him, wrapping his arms across my chest and pulling me against him.

"Oh, you'll be back in a second, I have a feeling the couch is where you'll be bunking." Lia replies, before casually going back to cooing at her daughter, using the baby voice that she claims she never does.

"I have skills you can't even imagine, we'll be back to annoying you all with our love shortly." He pulls me towards the kitchen, sounding awfully complacent, and Leo just giggles.

"Sure, tell us how that goes."

He doesn't say anything as we walk up to my room, humming the Mario theme song as we climb up to my loft.

He tosses his hoodie over his head, his shirt following a second later, and plops down on my unmade bed in just his grey sweats.

Spreading his arms wide, he says, "Cuddle me."

To be honest, I'm more annoyed than mad, but I decide to screw with him a little.

"I'm sleeping on the couch." I walk into my closet, looking for some pajamas, and he's beside me in a second.

"What are you talking about, weirdo? You can't sleep on the couch." He says, sighing when I don't pay any attention to him, still digging through my drawers.

He just sits there and stares me down as I pick out a pair of shorts and a big tee shirt Ollie gave me, keeping eye contact as I toss my shirt over my head.

"Why don't you wear the shirts I gave you? Here," he pulls out a baby blue tee he gave me just the other day, and tugs it over my head before I can stop him.

"Very cute." He hums, nodding contently.

"I can and will sleep on the couch." I walk out of the closet, fighting a smile when he groans loudly, dragging his feet as he walks over to me.

"Maddie,"

"Sam," I wiggle out of my jeans, tossing them into the laundry hamper and pulling a pair of shorts on.

"I can't sleep without you." He whines, and I shrug, tying the laces on the shorts.

"You didn't seem very attached when you ignored me for two hours."

"You're hurting my feelings!" He says loudly, falling back on the bed and sticking his arms out wide, like I'm gonna go sit with him.

"You're just fine. I'll see you in the morning," I turn like I'm gonna climb down the ladder, and Sam huffs.

"Fine, then I'm sleeping on the couch too."

"No you aren't."

"Yes I am. You can't tell me what to do so I'm gonna sleep on the couch with you." He says stubbornly, walking to the ladder as well, and I finally crumble.

Laughing, I turn around and press my palms to his chest, "Sam, I'm screwing with you, oh my gosh."

His little pout drops. "What?"

"I'm just getting you riled up, you big baby. I'm not sleeping on the couch." I laugh louder at the way he's frowning, his bottom lip almost jutted out.

"That wasn't funny."

"I think it's very funny." I grin, slinging my arms around his neck and pulling him down to my level, my nose brushing his chin.

"I don't like being ignored." He says in a whiny voice, like the baby he is.

I just raise my eyebrows, and he shakes his head. "No, that was different, I still talked to you."

"You said my voice hurt your ears."

Busting out in a small laugh, he leans down and scoops me up under the thighs, my legs going around my waist.

Putting my head against his, I ask, "Why do you always insist on carrying me?"

"I just like to."

"I'll let it slide if you apologize for putting me on the back burner." I say smugly, propping my elbows up on his shoulders, and he gives me a big smile.

"From now on, Madeline Jane, the one and only love of my life, you will always be my top priority. Mario Cart is cool, but you're even cooler. And you smell better than Emmett." He says, walking over to the bed with me, and I grin.

"Good." I hum, cupping his chin and pulling him into a kiss.

***

hi! this is super short, but these are mini bonus chapters, so please keep that in mind lol

i hope you enjoyed maddie being an attention whore cause i enjoyed writing it, it was very fun

please vote and comment, it makes my day!

sorry i've been so inactive recently lol i've been crazy busy but i promise i'm not dead!

love youuuuuuu

                                     - f a i t h y