20| clingy

WHEN WE PULL up to my house, I open the door and look over at Sam's place to see his car is parked in the driveway. But no Sam.

I don't know why I figured he'd be there waiting to talk to me, or that I'd at least get to see him.

Brushing it off, I walk up the driveway with Roman.

"So, when did you start driving?" I ask, looking over at him.

"I left at probably five am yesterday, drove until three in the morning, then stayed at a hotel, and started driving again this morning at like seven. And I only got here probably an hour ago." He replies, laughing when I gape at him.

"I can't believe you drove all that way for us."

"C'mon, don't say it like that, Mads. I was really excited to do it, even if by the end of it I was kind of insane." He winks, elbowing me gently.

I grin, pulling the front door open. When we walk into the house, Parker yells, "Um, finally."

"Sheesh, I tried my best." Roman laughs, kicking his shoes off and sitting on the couch with them.

"Oh hey, kid, I left your present on your bed. I dunno, it's kind of annoying but you might like it." He adds, making me laugh.

I mess up his curly hair, saying, "You didn't have to get me anything, but thank you."

He flashes me a cheesy smile and I chuckle, patting his cheek and jogging to my room. I open the door and throw my bag on the floor, dropping my phone down on my desk and head to the ladder.

I climb to the top, turning to look at my bed. And sitting there on top of my comforter is Amelia. Her head is hanging over the edge of the bed, her dark hair hitting the floor.

Not knowing how to react, I let out a small shriek and run to her. I jump on the bed, grabbing her for a tight hug, still screaming a little.

She laughs hard as we both tumble to the floor, but I keep an iron grip on her.

"What? But Roman said you couldn't come!" I yell.

I pull back enough to see her, a huge grin plastered to my face. Now we're both sitting upright on the floor, our hair tangled messes.

"I wanted the element of surprise." She laughs, doing jazz hands. We stand up, and as soon as she regains her balance I push her backward so she falls on the bed. It doesn't go exactly as I planned cause she pulls me down with her, hugging me again.

"You asshole, I was so sad you weren't here." I pretend to be angry but it barely lasts a second before I'm smiling again.

"Aw, you love me." She grins, burying her face in my shoulder.

"Oh, no, of course, I don't love you. That's exactly why I tackled you to the floor." I flick her nose, grabbing her hand and tugging her off my bed.

She follows me as I climb down the ladder, commenting on my room as we go, then we head out to the living room.

I walk over to Roman and punch his arm. "I hate you."

"What? I brought you that brat all the way from Chicago, and let me tell you when she's bored she never shuts up." He replies, earning a slap over the top of his head from Lia.

He makes a kissy face at her and says, "Love you, baby."

She pinches his nose, leaning down to kiss him quickly before grabbing my arm and pulling me back into my room.

On our way, he yells, "You didn't say it back!"

"You don't deserve that!" She teases, making me laugh loudly.