13| jealous

"WAIT, WHAT IF she's still mad at me? What'll I do then? Just sit there and look like an idiot?" Parker says, roughly dragging a hand through his hair, his other hand holding Leo's coffee.

"She's gonna forgive you. Leo isn't the type to hold a grudge." I pat his cheek, but he just swats me away.

We walk down the hall where I can see Leo and Sam talking at his locker, which is a few down from mine.

When they notice us, Leo gives me a quick smile but it falters when she sees Parker next to me. Sam just looks up from his phone and gives me a little smile, before very obviously and obnoxiously raking his eyes over my body.

I roll my eyes and mouth, "Dickhead."

He just laughs, shaking his head a little. A tiny grin crosses my lips, but I try to keep my face straight. He sees this and smiles, biting his bottom lip.

My stomach dips but I ignore it, quickly taking a sip of my coffee.

We walk up to them and I grab Sam's arm, dragging him over to my locker so that Leo and Parker can talk.

"Babes, I've been waiting for you to finally come to your senses," Sam says, tugging on my arm and pulling me to him, so close I'm almost pressed up against him.

His olive eyes bore down at me, skimming over my lips and chin.

"That's not what I'm doing," I snap, pulling away from him and rolling my eyes.

"I could've sworn it was from the way you hesitated before stepping back." He shrugs and takes the coffee from my hands. Again.

"Give it back, Sam." I reach for it, but he holds it above his head.

"Well, not when you ask like that." He pouts down at me, shaking his head.

"Sam, can I please have my coffee back?" I deadpan, glaring at him.

"I could be persuaded with a kiss," he shrugs, taking another sip.

"Not worth it."

His face falls and he says, "Madeline Jane, I am wounded."

"Sammy, could you please give it back?" I ask, even going as far to give him a smile.

He sighs and hands it back to me, a dumb smirk on his face.

I press my back to my locker and look over at Leo and Parker, who look pretty good. Leo is smiling up at him, holding the coffee in her hands, and Park is standing close to her, playing with a piece of her blonde hair absentmindedly and saying something.

I smile. They're cute.

"Did I tell you, you look amazing today?" Sam asks, standing beside me and tugging on the sleeve of my sweater.

I kinda look like an old lady, but I dig it. I'm wearing a pair of mom jeans with a maroon sweater tucked in the front and white converse, my hair in two messy braids. Not French, I went the lazy way today and just plaited them.

"You didn't." I murmur, before taking a sip of my drink.

His smirk grows. "Well you do."

"I know." I assure him.

He raises his eyebrows, nodding. "Good."

Before we can say anything else, Leo and Parker walk back over, hand in hand. She has a pleased smile on her face and he looks a little annoyed.

"Sam, Parker has something he wants to say to you." Leo starts, smiling proudly.

"What's up, Parker?" He smirks at him.