14| girl advice

"MOUSE, C'MON, YOU have to go get ready." Ollie says, poking my shin. I'm currently curled up in a ball on the couch, trying to keep my eyes open.

"Carry me." I huff, rolling on my back to look at him.

"How old are you, four?" He asks with a laugh, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

"No I didn't mean like this! I meant nicely!" I wriggle, my stomach killing me from his shoulder being shoved in it.

He sets me down and lets me climb on his back, resting my head on his shoulder as he walks into the kitchen.

"What's wrong with you?" Emmett asks as we head towards the stairs.

"Nothing, she just doesn't want to walk."

"You've reaches another level of lazy, Mads." Winn comments, laughing.

I just give him a thumbs up, grinning. He rolls his eyes and chuckles.

He finally reaches my room and says, "Here's your stop."

"No!"

He lets go of my and I get off his back, pouting. He just grins and taps my nose before leaving the room.

I trudge into my closet and pick out my outfit. I choose a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans, a black and white striped long sleeve, and my combat boots. I tuck the shirt it and put on a chunky black belt.

I do my plain makeup and put my hair into a single braid that hangs down my back. Okay, yes, I love braids in my hair. They're cute and they're out of the way.

When I walk downstairs and into the kitchen, Emmett is the first one to speak up.

"Mads, lemme see your jeans."

I sigh and turn around.

"What? They're loose, the rips aren't high in my thighs at all, I don't know what could be wrong with them." I say, playing with the end of my braid.

"I was just gonna say I like those ones." He murmurs, raising his eyebrows.

I let out a surprised breath. "Oh, uh, thank you."

He nods. "Y'know, not everything we say is mean."

"I know that, I just did not want to change." I reply, walking over to kiss his cheek.

Before I can walk away, he grabs my wrists and pulls me back to him. He's studying my face closely, his eyebrows furrowed, before he asks, "Are you wearing eyeliner?"

I roll my eyes and pull away, going back to my bagel.

"I was just wondering!"

"Well, yes I am, and I like it. So I'm going to leave it." I reply, shrugging. It's not even like I did a wing, it's just lining my eyes.

I sit down at the table with the boys and pick up my phone.

"You got any homework?" Winn asks, nudging my foot under the table.

"Uh, yeah, but I finished it last night. Ricky helped me." I nod, propping my foot up on my chair and resting my chin on my knee. I set my phone down and look at him.

"So it doesn't need to be checked?"

"Nope, its all good." I give him a high five.

"Good girl." He says, kissing the top of my head as he walks past me and towards the sink to put his bowl up.

"Hey, is it alright if I have a friend stay over tonight?" I ask, making Winn turn around and look at me.

"That depends, princess. Who?"