26| hollie

"I'M GOING BETWEEN a navy colored dress or an olive green one. What do you think?" Leo asks me, scrolling through the photos she has saved to her phone.

It's lunch and she's spent the entire time showing me dresses for the winter formal. Not complaining because I love looking at dresses, but there are too many, it's overwhelming.

"Well, the navy would look really nice on you, but the green would bring out the bit of green in your eyes. It would make them pop." I reply, nodding.

"You're right! And I saw this super pretty strapless one, it would look so nice with my nude heels I got a couple of months ago."

"You're gonna look amazing," I assure her, and she smiles, flushing a little.

"What about you? A red dress would look so good with your skin tone, it'd be great." She says, already looking up pictures.

"Red would be pretty."

"Oh, look! You could do one of those silk dresses with the open backs, that would look gorgeous." She shoves her phone in my face, showing me a picture.

"I really like that." I grab her phone, taking a screenshot, and sending it to myself.

"That's pretty," Sam peeks over my shoulder, looking at the picture.

"Isn't it?" I lift it up, showing him better.

"Where's the rest?" Parker asks disapprovingly, frowning at the picture.

"The back is open, Parker, calm yourself." Leo snorts, quickly showing him the dress she likes.

"What do you think? Like, for me?"

His eyes go wide when he sees it, looking dumbfounded. "You would look beautiful in that, Leo."

She of course blushes and hides behind her hair, but I just smirk.

If that's his reaction to just the dress then he's gonna faint when she's actually wearing it.

"Thank you." She mumbles, grinning sheepishly, and shutting her phone off.

"So, boys, what're you two gonna wear?" I ask, looking at them both.

Sam shrugs, my brother doing the same.

"I'll rent a suit or something, I dunno," Parker says, chewing on his salad.

"I'll use my dad's old suit, hopefully, it's not shitty." Sam supplies.

"You should try it on soon, that way if it doesn't work out you'll still have time to rent one."

"Don't worry, bubba, I got this." He grins, slinging his arm around my shoulders, and tugging me to his side.

I'm dragged out of the moment when I hear someone clear their throat, making me turn around.

It's the new girl.

I only noticed her today, and that's because she ogled Sam during the entirety of anatomy and practically undressed him with her eyes every time she saw him in the hall.