31| breathing

PART TWO OF DOUBLE UPDATE!

"DUDE, YOU TAKE up so much space," I shove Sam over, and he just grins, stretching out even more.

"Sam!" I snap, moving his arms away.

"I'm trying to sleep, Maddie, leave me alone."

"I'm gonna make you sleep on the couch," I grunt, making him laugh and tuck me to his chest, kissing my cheek and down my neck.

I squirm, and he keeps going because he knows my neck is ticklish.

"You're so annoying," I bark out a laugh, pinching his side.

"So I've been told."

Devising a plan, I cup his face him my hands, pulling him up to me and kissing him.

He laughs against my lips, pulling my lower back closer to him as he kisses me.

We kiss for a second, and when I'm sure he's not expecting it, I shove him off the bed.

Of course, because he had a tighter hold on me than I thought, I fall with him.

"My head," he mutters, rubbing the back of his head.

"My forehead." I sit up, still sitting on him, and rub my head as well.

"Why did you shove me?" He asks, laughing.

"You were being annoying." I shrug, ignoring the goosebumps that spread over my skin when he rests his hands on my thighs.

"So you tried to give me a concussion?"

"Well, I gave myself a concussion as well if that makes you feel any better." I giggle, squealing when he pinches my thigh.

He sits up, me still in his lap, and my eyes widen suddenly.

"Back into bed, here we go." He says, somehow standing and still holding me, and I shriek.

"Sam!" I wrap my legs around him tightly, my arms around his neck.

"What?"

"You're like nine feet tall, I'll die if you drop me," I answer, glancing down at the floor

"Nine feet? And you're sure you're not being dramatic?" He asks, pulling me back so he can look at me.

I nod.

He gets an evil smile on his face, and before I can stop him he throws me backward onto the bed.

"Why do you keep doing that?" I demand, throwing a pillow at him.

"Because it's funny." He smirks, climbing back into bed.

"Why on earth did I decide to date you?"

He crawls over to me, pressing his lips against mine for a couple of seconds, and pulls back, "Because I'm your best friend."

I narrow my eyes at him, studying his face until finally admitting, "Yeah, you're right."

He grins, kissing me again.

I cup his cheek, sliding my hand down his jaw to the side of his neck, and my other hand plays with the hair at the nape of his neck.

He rubs my hip, his fingers sliding under the hem of my shirt, and my heart rate picks up.

Just as I try to deepen the kiss, lightly tugging on his hair and parting my lips, he pulls away.

Grunting, I give him a deadpan look.

"Goodnight." He smirks, kissing my nose.

"You are such a tease," I mutter, and he just shrugs.