Chapter 22

Sophia's P.O.V

I move my piece eight spaces forward. I land in Mexico City.

"I'll take it," I grin.

I'm playing monopoly with everyone, except Hunter. He had to go out, probably with whoever he's dating.

I'm in the lead with two airports and three properties, including the one I just bought.

Everyone at the table groans.

"Oh stop being babies," I give Parker the money, he's the banker.

"You bought all the good properties, I wanted one," Daniel pouts.

"Well let's exchange," I smirk, "Give me your two airports and I'll give you Mexico,"

"No, you can't do that! Can she do that?" Jaiden protests, then ask Parker.

"Actually she can, there's isn't a rule saying she can't," he says looking at the rules.

He hands me the two airports and I give him Mexico.

"Good doing business with ya," I say.

My phone vibrates I pull it out and groan.

Someone tried to break in and the guards are holding her in the backyard. My eyes meet Enzo's and he nods at me with his phone in his hand.

"Guys we gotta go deal with something, give us a minute," I say getting up.

"Oh, you guys are gonna, you know," Luca wiggles her eyebrows.

I push her playfully.

"No, we're not," I say laughing.

We go out the back door.

She successfully jumped our fence before a guard saw her. We have acres on acres of land, so the guards have to walk around a lot.

Some guards are holding her down to a chair and surrounding her. They part when we reach in front of them and I finally see her. She has short platinum blonde hair and blue eyes. She's wearing a black bodysuit and has on a black backpack.

"Laura?" Enzo asks from beside me.

"Miss me?" She smirks.

"You two know each other?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Let her go," he orders.

She gets up and rubs her wrists that had tie straps on them.

"Sophia, this is my friend Laura, one of our ally's daughters, we went to school together," he introduces her after hugging her.

"Laura this is Sophia-"

"His wife," I reply extending my hand with a smile.

"You're the wife," she says looking me up and down.

She plasters a fake smile on, "Nice to meet you,"

She shakes my hand. He throws a hand over her shoulder and leads her inside.

I call my guards that caught her.

"Keep a close eye on her, spread the word,"

They nod at me and I go inside.

She's there with Daniel, Enzo and Jaiden laughing. I see Luca whispering to Zuri and rolling her eyes while looking at Laura. I go over to them and sit next to Luca.

"You don't like her," I sit and watch her.

"Not really," Luca shrugs.

"She rubs me the wrong way," she informs me.