Chapter 7

Sophia's P.O.V

Splash!

I jump out of bed grabbing my gun in the process. I wipe my face and point it at the figure in my room.

The lights flick on and it's Jaiden, Parker, and Zuri in my room. Zuri is standing there with wide eyes and a small bucket in her hands.

Parker is by the light switch and Jaiden is slightly in front of Zuri, probably knowing I might've shot her by accident.

"Zuri what the hell, what if I shot you!!!" I scold.

"I-im sorry, I didn't think you would get this upset I was just playing around, p-please don't hurt me" she hides behind Jaiden on the verge of tears.

My heart hurts that she thinks I'll hurt her.

"Zuri come here," I gently say.

She makes her way over to me with her head down. I touch her chin and lift her head. She looks anywhere but my eyes.

"Zuri look at me, please," I beg.

She looks at me and I let my emotions flow through my eyes, relaxing my whole body.

"I will never hit you okay? Never. No matter what you do. I was just worried because I could've shot you, I can't live with myself if I do that and I can't live without you okay? I'm sorry for getting mad but think about it next time okay flower?" I ramble.

She nods and tackles me in a hug.

"Aww sisterly love," Parker wipes a fake tear.

I roll my eyes. I have to talk to Jaiden about something.

"Parker take Zuri to get breakfast, Jaiden I need to talk to you," I motion for them to leave and they do as told.

"It was her idea I swear," Jaiden tells me in a worried voice.

"I see how you would've taken a bullet for her, it's okay, that's not what I wanted to talk about, come sit," I pat the space beside me.

He sits down and looks at me with confusion.

"I want you to tell the guards that they are not to touch Zuri, they are not to follow my father's orders about anything dealing with Zuri, you are to guard Zuri, she is your number one responsibility now, she will be staying in my room, get Micheal and Jason to guard it and never let Antonio in. I'm trusting you with her don't let me down," I tell him.

He nods and walks out.

I lay there pissed off that I have to leave her here. I can't take her immediately, she'll only be here for a week until I can come to get her.

That's how this process works.

Knock
Knock
Knock

"Come in,"

Four guards walk in, two take my suitcases and the other two take a duffle bag that I packed with all shadow's stuff and my book bag filled with books to read. It's nine am and I'm supposed to leave here at eleven. I take a shower and get dressed. I put on a white sweatshirt, matched with some black jeans, and top it off with black heels boots.

I put my mini dagger in my boot and tuck my gun in my waist. I take out another duffle bag.

Why do we have so much?

I honestly don't know. I have six and so does Zuri.

I pack all my underwear and toiletries in it. I use another one to put all my shoes in. I take out a box from under my bed and open it. It has everything that I could've taken with me from my parents' house.