Chapter 17

Sophia's P.O.V

Halfway through my daily walk, I hear soft cries to my left in an alleyway.

It's about 5 in the morning and the sun just rose. I walk into the alleyway and my heart hurts at what I see.

A child curled up in a ball crying so I make my way to them.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask them gently.

I always loved children.

They shake their head and slightly shuffles away from me.

"It's okay I'm not gonna hurt you, I wanna help tell me what's wrong," I give them a small smile.

"I-I r-ran away," they stutter out in the cutest voice I've ever heard. They sound like a girl.

"Why?" I ask concerned.

She looks about three.

"They h-hit me," her lip trembles and she holds out her hand.

On her palms are cigarette burns and purple bruises. I take a few deep breaths.

"Do you wanna come with me I can help you get cleaned and get something in your little tummy,"

She pauses for a while, then hesitantly nods.

"I promise I won't hurt you, take my hand," I reach out and she grabs it.

She stands up with a little backpack on.

Seeing her full body she looks sick. Her ribs are showing and she's only wearing a vest and pants. She has the most gorgeous blue eyes that I have ever seen. Her hair is matted and stuck to her face on the side and her clothes are dirty.

We walk to my car and drive to the mansion. Nobody should be up except Hunter, he wakes up around 4.

I walk into the house and go to the gym with the little one still holding onto my hand.

I open the door and see Hunter working out.

"Can you help me with something it's important," I ask

"Yeah sure, what is it?" He wipes his sweat and comes towards me.

I motion for him to come outside and his eyes widen seeing the kid I have.

"Can you help me clean her and get her fed please?" I beg.

"Okay sure, let's go to the guest room, I'll tell the maids to make some breakfast," he goes to the kitchen and I go to one of the guest rooms.

I strip her clothes and put her on a stool in the shower.

I begin washing her and Hunter comes in with some clothes and a toothbrush from his aunt who has an five-year-old boy. We shampoo her hair and I finally see the real hair color.

She's a blonde. There are some scars on her arms that were covered in dirt and a bruise on her back. It looks like a shoe print.

I dry her off and dress her, brush her teeth and go down for breakfast.

We eat some toast and hot chocolate with eggs. I sit her down on the couch and talk.

"When did your parents start hitting you?" I ask.

"Months ago," she replies in a soft voice.

I wanted to kill them. How could they hit such a small innocent kid? She's barely learned a full sentence.

"Well they're never going to hit you again because you're living here now," I smile and hug her but she flinches a bit.

She deserves a real home with people who'll care about her. I won't put her in the foster system because it's brutal. She might get further abused if adopted or fostered by the wrong people.

It's dangerous living here but I can have a judge declare me her guardian. I put on a show for her to watch and head upstairs.

Before I could knock on Enzo's door, Alexia opens it. I roll my eyes at her outfit. She's wearing a short bright pink lace lingerie, she looks me up and down in disgust.

"Is Enzo here?" I ask in a monotone voice.

"Oh shit," I hear a whisper behind her.

I push her aside and walk into the room, Enzo is there trying to get dressed.

Guess they had fun.

"I just wanted to talk to you about something, but obviously you're busy, find me when you're done," I walk back out.

I go to my room take a bath and change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can we get ice cream, pleaseeeeeee?" Hunter begs.

He gives me puppy eyes along with Chloe. She told us that's her name but she wants it changed. I suggested we just call her Mia instead.

I roll my eyes, "Fine but let's put these bags in the car first," we make our way back to the car.

We went shopping for clothes and toys for Mia. They put the bags in and I lean against it, seeing a man staring at me from across the parking lot, I raise a brow.

That's creepy.

He smirks and walks off. I decide to not let it bother me. We go to the grocery and get ice cream and snacks. Turning a corner I see the man again but this time he's eyeing her.

I rush them out and we leave.

~~~~~~

"Some creepy guy was watching us in the mall," I told Hunter in the kitchen.

"Do you think some people know about her already?" He asks.

"Nobody has ever seen me with a kid and if that creepy guy has a boss well they're in danger now," I roll my eyes and sigh.

"You shouldn't have brought her here," Daniel walks in.

"What did you want me to do? Leave her there? What if some creep found her and hurt her? I won't forgive myself if something bad were to happen, I can protect her," I glare at him.

"You don't know who that guy works for Sophia, you and Enzo have enemies, you put a little kid's life at risk," he crosses his arms.

How can he say something like that?

Should I really have left her there?

I did put her in harm's way but I can protect her and I will. I go to my room and see Enzo on my bed.

"What do you want?" I ask with a scowl.

"I didn't sleep with her," he informs me.

"Why should I believe you?" I say angrily.

"We were about to but I stopped,"

"Why did you stop?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Because I want to have something with you, Sophia, trust me I do, you don't have to forgive me for the date thing, but I promise I didn't sleep with her," he comes up to me and looks deep into my eyes.

Looking into his eyes I know he's telling the truth.

I don't wanna hear how they ended up in that situation, with the way Alexia mounted him in the gym when I first arrived I know it's a casual thing for them.

"Don't let it happen again," I roll my eyes.

He leaves and I lean against the door.

•××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××ו

Byee lovies~ Sam♡