Chapter 20

Sophia's P.O.V

Walking down the stairs, I hear someone whispering on the phone. I stop and start listening.

"No I can't do that right now," the voice says.

"No not that I know of,"

"Yeah, I'll let you know,"

"Can you not? Like I don't care,"

"Yeah yeah whatever," I hear the call beep.

I continue walking down as if I was now coming down the stairs. I'm wearing socks so that helps.

Turning the corner I see Hunter.

"Hey Sophia what's up," he says not making eye contact.

Weird.

"Who were you on the phone with?" I fold my arms.

"Just a friend," he waves it off.

"Just a friend? You know if you're seeing someone you can just tell me," I smirk.

"What? No, I'm not seeing anyone, I gotta go," he rushes out.

I laugh a bit cause I'm pretty sure it's not 'just a friend'.

I go get Mia, who's in the kitchen with Enzo. I stand in the doorway watching them with a smile.

Mia has on a little, pastel pink, apron, while Enzo has on his grey one. She's in front of him and he's holding her hand while mixing the batter.

They pour the red batter into a pan and pop it into the oven. Enzo spins around and sees me.

"Hey, the cake should be finished in 25 minutes," he says washing his hands.

"Hey, Phia!" Mia runs and jumps in my arms.

That's her nickname for me.

"Hey baby, are you having fun?" I ask taking her to the sink.

"Mhm," she nods her head and washes her hand.

I spin around smiling and bump into Enzo's chest. He lifts his hand and dabs my nose. Looking down I see he put flour on my nose.

"Oh, it's on," I smile and set Mia down.

I sprinkle some flour on my hand and gently slap him. Mia giggles and our heads snap to her.

"So you think this is funny?" He takes an egg and cracks it over her head.

"Zo, no!" She takes the yolk and throws it at him.

That's her nickname for Enzo.

She turns on the pipe and fills her little hand with water and then throws it on him. She begins laughing at his shocked reaction.

I stifle a laugh with my hand. We begin playing in flour, eggs, baking powder, and butter.

Soon we all slip and fall and just stay there, in a fit of laughter.

The timer goes off and we get up. We take the cake out and then start cleaning the kitchen.

Enzo ices the cake while I take Mia to get a bath. We clean up and head back down.

Daniel, Jaiden, Parker, and Luca are in the kitchen talking to Enzo while eating some cake.

Enzo was clean and his hair was still damp.

"Sophia, can I talk to you?" Daniel asks.

We haven't spoken since the little fight and even though I won't admit it, it's awkward not talking to him.