Chapter 6

Sophia's P.O.V

I find my sister in her room getting ready for work.

"Hey, can you come with me to work? I want some company," she asks.

"Sorry flower but I have to pack my stuff do you wanna stay and help me?" I ask her.

"Oh why can't you do that later," She says with a small frown.

"Because later is when we go to the carnival and have a little fun."

"Really!?" She jumps with excitement.

"Yes really, now go to work and take a guard with you I'll pick you up at six," I reply.

She does a happy dance and runs off to ask a guard to come with her, most likely one of the older ones like Micheal or Jason they are both 35 and are in a relationship. They are like our fathers so I know that both of them will go with her.

I make my way to my room to change my clothes that are covered in blood. It's black so you can't see it but I can smell it.

I tie my hair into a bun and strip my clothes. I turn the shower to warm and step in. While I'm showering I think of the marriage.

Do I want to fall in love with Enzo?

Should I give him a chance?

No, he'll just use you.

Yeah probably. Maybe he won't though.

I'll have to see if he would still whore around.

I turn off the shower and I step out. I wipe the glass of the fog and look at myself. I'm pretty ugly. I'm okay with that though.

I have over 70 scars on my body and I hate them all. Zuri says I should love them but I can't. Each one holds a memory. Memories I try hard to forget. I wear whatever I want not caring if people see them but I don't necessarily like them seeing it.

I don't like how they are thick and pale. I don't like how they aren't smooth. I don't like how I got them. I don't like anything about them.

I might've survived but my mind is scarred just like my skin.

I trace over the scar across my stomach. It goes from under my boob to my pelvis diagonally. I got it in a fight with Antonio when I was 14. He broke a beer bottle and cut me. It wasn't deep to damage anything internal it just left a huge scar.

I had just come back from the pool, I was drinking but so was he. So when I came in and saw him having a makeout session with some random I got pissed because Zuri could've seen. We got into a screaming match and he grabbed to bottle from the coffee table.

A single tear falls from my eyes at the memory, using my shaking hands, I harshly wipe it and turn away from the mirror. I slide down onto the floor and pull my knees to my chest. I do some breathing exercises and soon I'm okay.

Barely.

I step out of the bathroom and go to my closet. I get dressed in a casual outfit of a black hoodie and some white jeans. I take out a suitcase and I start packing some of my clothes.

I pack all my fancy gowns and dinner date outfits into a suitcase and label them with tape. I then pack some of my pants and I leave four. I pack some jerseys and leave four.

When I'm finished I have two full suitcases of clothes. I go the Zuri's room and take out some of her clothes and put them in my closet.

Antonio doesn't know about the secret door and I want it to stay that way. I'll tell Zuri to move into my room when I leave.